5.0 out of 5 stars A book that changed my attitude to life
Published on 31 July 2010 by Donnathevet

3.0 out of 5 stars A scottish adventure
I found the writing style of this author a bit bland at times , as i like to imagine myself in the places that are written about. No doubt though an excellent real life story from an author whom has had many life experiences. Very sadly the author has now passed away.
Published on 3 May 2011 by caravancat

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that changed my attitude to life, 31 July 2010
This review is from: Small Steps With Paws and Hooves: A Highland Journey (Paperback)
From the beginning, I just couldn't put this book down. The narrative switches between the walk and the preceding couple of years. The honesty with which Spud writes is uncommon and I really felt that I got to know her in the course of her story. As a mum, and as someone who also walks in order to make sense of the world, I felt more affected by what I read than by pretty much any other book I've read, particularly as she updates us some years after the walk is completed. I really wanted to let her know how her book had made me feel. It's changed the way I think about life.
Thanks Spud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming, honest and uplifting, 29 Jan 2011
A beautiful book which is honest and brave. Though it is about the author talking about her diagnosis and treatment of cancer it is in no way gloomy or depressing. The main part of the book is about her travels across Scotland and is funny, uplifting and interesting and fits very well with her personal journey. A great book from a great author

5.0 out of 5 stars touching story from Spud, 26 Jun 2012
Read Spud four paws two feet at the weekend.

Enjoyed reading about Spud, Barnie, Rob, Ben.

I loved reading about taking Barnie her son, Rob her man, Ben the horse and Tess the dog for travels in the highlands.

Also, her personal journey with cancer.

So so so sad about Spud and Tess.

Wish I could have adventures like they did.

Not the same in a campervan!
Do read her other book first.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 4 Mar 2012
This is the second title I have read by this author. Both have been good light hearted reads, but with a serious underdcurrent.Would recommend it and will look forward to any more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming and heartbreaking., 15 May 2014
Recovering from cancer treatment Spud sets off again, not 4500 miles this time, but along the old drovers roads in Scotland - with a toddler, horse, dog and human company - camping along the way. She is stubborn but realistic, brave and positive. A mad undertaking but as risk free as she can make it. She not only tells of her physical journey but of the mental journey of her past months. Thanks must go to her husband and son for getting this published.

5.0 out of 5 stars Each day matters, don't leave it til it's too late, 19 Mar 2014
I loved Spud's previous book about her walk round the coast line of Britain so much I couldn't put it down and always promised I would find time to read her next book. Really enjoyed it and was very upset to read at the end that she had passed away from cancer. A great loss to her family!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic, 1 Sep 2013
Makes you laugh & cry. More for women than men. The journey is shared with the author. Highly recomended read.

3.0 out of 5 stars A scottish adventure, 3 May 2011

Small Steps With Paws and Hooves: A Highland Journey
Small Steps With Paws and Hooves: A Highland Journey by Spud Talbot-Ponsonby (Paperback - 6 April 2010)
6.44