5.0 out of 5 stars Indian Tapas to Die For
Published 3 months ago by Richard Newbold

1.0 out of 5 stars What has happened Anjum Anand?
Oh dear oh dear. A book of nothing. I have all Anjums books so far and thoroughly enjoyed them and still do. However this is a poor excuse of a book and is surely just released to make money. Totally uninspiring and disappointing. Buy any of her other books as this is clearly not worth it. Nice cover though.
Published 2 months ago by Craig Eaton

5.0 out of 5 stars Indian Tapas to Die For, 8 April 2014
Richard Newbold (Leicestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anjum's Quick & Easy Indian (Hardcover)
I've been a big fan of Anjum Anand's style of cooking since her successful BBC series "Indian Cooking Made Easy". Anjum's style is to make sure you have the fresh spices and other ingredients prepared and then combine these tastes with familiar western ingredients to make light, aromatic and flavoursome food. In Quick and Easy she takes this approach further and rather daringly appropriates the Spanish style of tapas dishes, adding her own spicy twist to produce stunning results.The smoked almonds with cumin and the spiced pepper cornbread quite literally went like hot cakes when I served them recently. There's a quick suppers section, too. As ever with Anjum, her vegetarian recipes, using lentils and chick peas are really inspired. Totally recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cover, nice recipes, 18 Jun 2014
Little Gull (Isle of Mull, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anjum's Quick & Easy Indian (Hardcover)
I bought this book because my friend had 'Indian Food Made Easy' by the same author and I liked the look of the recipes in it. I went online to buy that book but saw this one was her latest and had more recipes so got this instead. It's a nice book with some great fish recipes especially mackerel (which there's lots of where I live) so I like that. There aren't that many simple curry recipes which surprised me a bit. There's lots of coconut recipes which I like but some people might not. I quite like when books have store cupboard essential sections at the start and this book doesn't which I would have found useful, especially as it's my only Indian cookbook. The front cover is very pretty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Indian Receipes, 24 May 2014
C. R. Beecham (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anjum's Quick & Easy Indian (Hardcover)
My wife ordered this through Amazon. It was so much cheaper! Yet, it is worthwhile read for people who love cooking. Its a good book to dip into if you want to try(cook) and eat something different. A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for me!, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Anjum's Quick & Easy Indian (Hardcover)
good book, good packing, great delays! the ideal book for a quick Indian dinner, simple & great effect on the guests!

5.0 out of 5 stars Anjum never fails to please with her books!, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Anjum's Quick & Easy Indian (Hardcover)
I now have eight of her books and have never had a bad recipe from her. She is imaginative, helpful and often simplifies Indian cookery so that we can feel inspired to try something new. I love the stories and comments that she weaves into her books, bringing them to life. Anjum's book "Eat right for your body type", following Ayurveda principles, has been particularly interesting. My irritated bowel problems have improved immensely since first trying her récipes. One of my favourite recipes is her Mum's chicken stew - and not a chilli in sight! Well done Anjum!

Susan A. Tryhorn.

1.0 out of 5 stars What has happened Anjum Anand?, 26 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars looks quick and easy, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Anjum's Quick & Easy Indian (Hardcover)
Although this as only just arrived ,it looks like it says on the cover . a quick thumb through and I have all the ingredients to try the easy chicken pilaf so we try later. Simple instructions and a photo, I love to see what it should look like. Nice thick pages, which although I use a perspect book stand leads me to think that the odd splash can be cleaned off. No nonsense short and to the point, this book will be used a lot.

Anjum's Quick & Easy Indian
Anjum's Quick & Easy Indian by Anjum Anand (Hardcover - 13 Mar 2014)
12.00