5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning book full of beautiful projects and fabrics
As you would expect this book is stunning, filled with beautiful Liberty prints both in the projects and on the pages. Luckily the projects themselves are pretty too. Aimed at beginners there are 25 easy to sew projects with step by step instructions and illustrations to follow.
Published 20 months ago by Sewing Directory

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple projects
Only bought this for one of its patterns but think I'll try some of the others too.
Published 9 months ago by Linda Coe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning book full of beautiful projects and fabrics, 19 Sept. 2013
Sewing Directory (Devon) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Simple Sewing (Hardcover)
The projects include a sewing tidy (which shot straight to the top of my `to make' list), sewing machine cover, cloud cushions, hanging birds, chevron quilt, chair pads, kids pyjamas, a storage bolster, foot stool, curtain panel and more. Many ways to introduce a stylish touch of Liberty to your home.

I particularly like how they give you the history of the main fabric featured in each project, I was amazed to read one, Pinky, had been designed by 5 year olds! There's also a guide to the fabrics used in the back of the book too. There are templates for the projects in the rear of the book but they do require enlarging, most by 200%.

Another beautiful Liberty book to covet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book- Sticker Was A Pain, 18 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Simple Sewing (Hardcover)
Lovely book, I'm very pleased. One complaint is the awful price sticker on the back. I had to scratch it off and it left the book slightly sticky. I would expect an easy-peel sticker from Liberty or none at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Simple Sewing (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a Christmas present. It appeared to be very acceptable! I liked it as well, it looked as though the content ranged from basic to more difficult.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a perfect present., 10 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Simple Sewing (Hardcover)
My daughter in law was given a sewing machine for her birthday, this book was ideal with lots of lovely sewing ideas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, wonderful illustrations and patterns., 16 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Simple Sewing (Hardcover)
A beautiful book, so lovely to leaf through, there is so much detail on each page. I love the little step by step coloured diagrams which even explain which liberty fabric was used to complete which design. Some lovely easy to follow projects here, something for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars good instructions in a beautifully presented book, 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Simple Sewing (Hardcover)
Running a small General Sewing Class,this book along with the Liberty Book of Home Sewing has provided me with ideal little projects for the beginner/intermediate sewer to feel confident using their machine,good instructions in a beautifully presented book.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent guides for new sewers, 26 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Simple Sewing (Hardcover)
Attractive book, excellent guides for new sewers, reminders for old hands. All in all an inspirational book. I bought it for my daughter-in-law as I'd enjoyed it so much. Intoxicating cos it's well seasoned with Liberty prints. Mmmm!

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it so much I bought two, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Simple Sewing (Hardcover)
I like this book so much that I bought two - it was initially bought as a present for someone who is new to sewing, but I liked the books so much I decided I wanted one for myself as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Liberty Book of Simple Sewing (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a gift and was very tempted to keep it myself. I particularly love the cover and there are plenty of well illustrated projects for a beginner.

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple projects, 12 Aug. 2014

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Liberty Book of Simple Sewing
The Liberty Book of Simple Sewing by Christine Leech (Hardcover - 12 Sept. 2013)