5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Scissors, Paper, Craft: 30 Pretty Projects All Cut, Folded and Crafted From Paper (Simple Makes) (Paperback)
This is now my favourite in the 'simple makes' range. Great ideas, beautifully presented, with something for everyone at whatever level of ability, my only dilemma is which project to start first! I highly recommend this & all the books in this collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some great ideas!, 20 Sep 2013
I'm really starting to like Christine Leech, she's a very clever lady indeed!
When you think of paper craft, do you like me, imagine the little sticky creations that children bring home from school?

"What a beautiful bunny rabbit sweetheart!"

"It's a giraffe Mummy"

They're sweet because they've been made by children that we love, but they aren't pretty or stylish. We decorate our fridges with them , maybe the Christmas tree, but it's out of love for the little ones and perhaps not the rabbit giraffe? Well forget that idea of paper craft.

Scissors, Paper, Craft is paper craft with style....lots of it.

Whether your need garlands for a party, organisation for your desk or decorations for Christmas, this book has a little something for everyone. I am particularly taken with the waterlilly 'lights'.
There are a few pieces of equipment needed such as sharp knives, scissors (obviously) and a quilling pen, but there are some projects that just require nothing more than paper and a little patience.

I won't lie to you, there are some projects in this book that I won't be making, simply because I know that they won't stand up to the hustle and bustle of our house. The dollhouse desk organiser for example, would be great if it were just me...or just me and Phill.....or just me Phill and Beth.....but then there's the dog and the cats and they knock over EVERYTHING! It would be ruined in a day.
But other items like the feather mobile are hung from the ceiling and so would have a fighting chance!
As with the rest of the Simple Makes range of books, the instructions are well written and easy to follow and the photography are just beautiful. Many of the ideas in this book could be developed into other things; it's a real inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Sep 2014
lots of projects to do so looking forward to it.