4.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee table book
Stylish book, great to display on a coffee table and would make a lovely present. The illustrations are great, but the writing and ideas are a bit simplistic in my opinion. It is for people who are absolute beginners with regards to interior design.
Published 18 months ago by Chiara

3.0 out of 5 stars Decorating Abigail style
Published 18 months ago by bluebellgirl

4.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee table book, 13 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Decorating with Style - Abigail Ahern, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Decorating with Style (Hardcover)
Fab book with lots of great tips on how to move to the dark side. I agree with Abigail's words of wisdom and have painted lots of furniture grey, my kitchen a lighter grey and a chimney breast in the living room F & B, Downpipe which just brings everything together and looks fabulous. I would definitely recommend, a great read with lots of inspirational photos.

4.0 out of 5 stars VISUALLY COOL and packed with tips, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Decorating with Style (Hardcover)
A dream if you like colourful dramatic interiors
If you are a white minimalist this book will give you nightmares !

5.0 out of 5 stars We Love it..., 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Decorating with Style (Hardcover)
I have attended one of Abigail's interior courses and I adore her design style and ascetic. This book is stuffed full of lots of useful tips and design ideas that inspire and totally encourage you to want to make your home, oh so more beautiful and characterful. Another great addition to my library and again from Abigail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book and absolutely the best price on Amazon!, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Decorating with Style (Hardcover)
I found out about this book from The Sunday Times and the Anthropologie newsletter and was delighted to find it such a great price on Amazon. Abigail Ahern has some great tips and is very hands-on with upcycling stuff from flea markets. I love the decor she professes but would probably hesitate to exercise the same daring in decorating my own home. Regardless of whether I do or don't, I love going through this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiring Book for Everyone, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Decorating with Style (Hardcover)
This is an absolutely beautiful book. Gorgeous for keeping on a coffee table although not as big as many coffee table books. The pictures are stunning with many showing Abigail Ahern's signature deep blue-y shades and quirky sense of fun. Abigail helps you discover your interior style then explains how to maximise your space. She then gives tips on colour, pattern and texture. Loads more tips are then given for everything from wall displays to lighting and types of paint finishes. She then throws in some craft ideas for the home and if that isn't enough she also gives a list of design shops (and internet sites) around the world that she loves and recommends. So lots of basics for beginners and a wealth of practical information and inspiration for everyone. I have had this book for two weeks now and I still keep looking and reading. The pictures take me away. My advice? Buy the book but don't read at bedtime! You will be too excited by all the inspirational ideas you get, you won't be able to sleep.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decorating Abigail style, 26 May 2013
This review is from: Decorating with Style (Hardcover)
I was a little disappointed with Abigail Ahern's second book. I have her first book, A Girl's Guide to decorating, and the content is filled mostly with photographs of dark painted interiors, and then some DIY tips and at the time it was very different to any of the other interior design books on the shelves. I was looking forward to seeing some interesting interiors I hadn't seen before. Instead it was filled with pictures I have already seen in newspaper and magazine editorials and on interior blogs. Granted the photos of her own home are visually stunning and there are several DIY tips on embellishing furniture, painting striped floors etc. I think I would have appreciated this book more if I didn't have her first book. Having said all that, it's full of interesting eclectic interiors, which are dark and moody and visually stimulating.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Decorating with Style (Hardcover)
great book, exactly what I was looking for, great photography and ideas for rooms. would reccomend this to anyone wanting some cool interior ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Abigail's fresh approach!, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Decorating with Style (Hardcover)
I've been meaning to post a review for a while, and was spurred on to do so after receiving a terrible design book for Xmas (by another author, I hasten to add!).

This design book really is packed to the brim with fresh ideas and thinking. It takes you out of your comfort zone, but the results Abigail achieves are just brilliant. I'm inspired to "go to the dark side" now and try out lots of things in my home.

I also love Abigail's blog and shop.

Buy this book, you won't be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice picture, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Decorating with Style (Hardcover)
at first glance like a magpie I was drawn to the stunning looks and interesting items, but on closer inspection, browsing more leisurely, she is a hit and miss mess. The DIY bits would look pretty crap, I think, and generally the advice was the same as any interiors enthusiast, BOHEMIAN, ECLECTIC, er, but please where was the difference. bit same old, same old.
Plus her shop is really expensive, which I felt a bit cheated by after reading the book.

Decorating with Style
Decorating with Style by Abigail Ahern (Hardcover - 28 Mar 2013)