4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the same
as the 2013 version. The paper is thinner and the plastic cover was better with the zip opening. The 2014 version is not such good quality and really not up to Cath Kidston standards. The reason that I have still given it 4 stars is that the internal layout is still exactly as I like it and is not available in any other diary.
Published 21 months ago by Vintage Tilly

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality.
Published 19 months ago by jowil 106

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality., 28 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Cath Kidston Diary 2014 Small (A6) (Diary)
This is my third year buying the Cath Kidston diary. This years version is of a much poorer quality. The year hasn't even started and the strap has dropped off. The notes section is not perforated this year and it has no zip pocket. Writing on the left hand page is hampered by the press stud fastening. All in all a disappointment, I will be looking for a new diary for 2015. It is however still pretty so gets a few stars just for that.

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good quality as in previous years, 6 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Cath Kidston Diary 2014 Small (A6) (Diary)
Disappointed in this year's version - it's not the same quality as 2012 and 2013 versions - it's a 'cheaper' product despite it being the same price. I won't purchase next year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the same, 4 Oct. 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm Happy, 19 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Cath Kidston Diary 2014 Small (A6) (Diary)
I too had last years diary and loved it. This one is basically the same, actually I think its improved. I like the popper closure because the old one used to open in my bag and the pages would get crinkled and folded, this one I can throw in without any worries. The paper is also good quality and the designs are nicer and cuter. There's more space to write notes in the weekly view as well as monthly. But its a matter of taste as the monthly view is now in lines, instead of squares which was more visual. Personal data is now the first page which makes it easier to find for others in emergencies. I do miss the little plastic pocket with the zip closure though, but there is still a fold out one. Apart from that I don't know what people are complaining about.

Edit... I take my review back. A week after writing, my fastener thing has come off. I opened it as usual and it literally just fell to the ground. I don't heavily open or close it either. I notice quite a lot of reviews have experienced the same thing - strange.

I have however found a way to use the last years cover, if you don't mind doing a little DIY and a bit of defacing. This diary doesn't currently fit because the back cover is larger than the plastic zip-pocket folder. I lined up the back cover to see where to cut, and cut along where the folder ended, I only had to remove a small amount. It now fits perfectly!

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful diary, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Cath Kidston Diary 2014 Small (A6) (Diary)
this diary is perfect, not only does it coordinate perfectly with all my other Cath Kidston things in my house, it has just the right amount of space for adding notes such as when i find a fabulous cupcake recipe that i need to write down and my flower arranging class that i always forget! my friends all love it too, i cant wait to use this next year!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not an improved version, 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Cath Kidston Diary 2014 Small (A6) (Diary)
Not as good as last year miss the pouch. Also some of the print is hard to read because of the two colours used. But still a good clear diary

4.0 out of 5 stars Swayed by other reviews....., 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Cath Kidston Diary 2014 Small (A6) (Diary)
I have bought Cath Kidston's diaries for the last three years however, having glanced at some of the reviews of the 2014 version, I deliberated about buying it. However, having not seen any others I particularly liked the look of, I ordered it in any case. It arrived promptly, as usual and I must say I can't understand the poor reviews; the quality is of the usual good standard, the layout is marginally different and no worse for it and I think the plastic cover is better than last years. The only minor negative point is that the press stud to close it shut makes it a little difficult to write on the left hand side of the diary, especially in the midde. Other than that, I love this pretty, handy sized diary.

2.0 out of 5 stars What a Disappointment!, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Cath Kidston Diary 2014 Small (A6) (Diary)
I bought a Cath Kidston diary for 2013 and loved everything about it. In fact it was the best diary I had ever owned! This year I read the reviews but was prepared to give it a chance. Well I'm afraid it is all true:
-Poor quality
-No perforations in the 'perforated' notes (the clue is in the title!)
-Cheap-looking layout in main diary pages
-The month at a glance is a list instead of blocks and
-There is no zip pocket which was so useful for slipping in car park tickets etc in a place that was immediately visible and clipping my pen to
Today was the final straw when I unclipped the fastener and the whole plastic tab came away in my hand and this is after only opening it a handful of times so far...and it's not even 2014 yet. I actually feel cheated :(
Designers please take note and improve for next year. Personally I would gladly pay a little extra to maintain 2013 quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Cath Kidston Diary 2014 Small (A6) (Diary)
I was disappointed on receiving my cath Kidston diary. This is the third year I have bought it and find it of inferior quality this year. The quality of the paper is not so nice and the little notelets at the back are not perforated so not easy to tear out, also plastic cover not so good. I am afraid I will not be buying one next year.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cath Kidson 2014 diary, 20 Nov. 2013
Mrs. Linda J. Thornett "games games" (Milton Keynes) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cath Kidston Diary 2014 Small (A6) (Diary)
I had an opportunity to look at this years diary. I am glad I did; as normally I would have just ordered it as I have the last four years and been very dissapointed. I just dont like the lay out. Why mend something if its not broken. I now have trouble in finding a diary as the Kidson was perfect. Sad

Cath Kidston Diary 2014 Small (A6)
Cath Kidston Diary 2014 Small (A6) by Kidston Cath (Diary - 4 July 2013)
Used & New from: £9.60