5.0 out of 5 stars In-Depth Acting by Dee Cannon Review.
Published 22 months ago by Vivien Reid Actor

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book
It gives you information about acting and teaches you some things about acting. Overall though, It talks about what acting is as opposed to how to act.
Published 1 month ago by Roberto Solomita

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars In-Depth Acting by Dee Cannon Review., 17 Sep 2012
This review is from: In-Depth Acting (Paperback)
This is a wonderful book, a must for any actor. Written with honesty and passion, full of wit and humour. It reminds you that you are constantly learning and growing, not only as an actor but also as a human being. It urges you to take control of your own path, to find the confidence within you, to be the best performer you can be. Imagination and hard work are key, believe in yourself and challenge yourself every day. Dee tells us to leave our ego's at the door, if we want to be a good actor, it's about development and moving forward, always searching for the truth in the given situation, being able to connect and explore. The book teaches us to be brave and have respect for the writer, the director, the crew, the audience but ultimately it teaches you to have respect for your craft and yourself. A truly inspirational book. Congratulation Dee.

5.0 out of 5 stars The reviews are accurate, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: In-Depth Acting (Paperback)
My daughter is raving about this and I'm going to have to buy another copy for my son. She says it's easy to understand and packed with good ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential read!, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: In-Depth Acting (Paperback)
In-Depth Acting has become a key companion. It offers an array of tools, laid out in a down to earth & beautifully honest fashion with wit & laughs along the way.

In recent months it has encouraged me to be patient. It has raised my confidence & aided me in getting the most out of the skill set I have. Not only has it improved my acting but also my lifestyle as an actor. It has made me more creatively aware & I know that Dee's words will continue to inspire me throughout my time as an actor. This book will improve any actor, of any age, at any stage in their career. To have Dee's knowledge, experience & unparalleled expertise in one place makes In-Depth Acting an essential book to own, read & refer to again & again.

Congratulations Dee & many, many thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars helpful, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: In-Depth Acting (Paperback)
This book was really helpful for me, it helped me to look at characters in a different way and helped me to connect more. Definitely worth the buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'In Depth of Acting' - an Inspiration whatever stage you are at in your career, 18 Oct 2012
N Pownall - See all my reviews
This review is from: In-Depth Acting (Paperback)
Dee Cannon is one the best acting coaches I have had the pleasure of working with so I was very excited when she published her book, which is exactly as her coaching is; accessible, direct and focussed.

At drama school I was massively drawn to Uta Hagen so it is no surprise - having been trained by her - that Dee is now being hailed as the 'Uta for 21st century.'

If you haven't had opportunity to be taught by Dee - don't despair - this book gives you access to the way she approaches her teaching - it's written just as she speaks and is the closest you can get to being in the rehearsal space with her without her physically being with you.

Her book - as her coaching - breaks down how to approach the industry in simple step by step stages, from the moment the seed to act is sown to what, auditioning preparation to what to do once you have the part and the fun work and 'Dee's technique' begins on developing the truth of your character so that your performance is fully dimensional, alive from moment to moment and always truthful.

Each stage of her technique is broken down into chapters and she explores how to access each one so that you are confident in each as you move onto the next. She gives examples of previous lessons she has taught so you can see how the technique is applied.

Dee is inspiring, and this book is her inspiration to any person with a heart for acting whether you are considering a profession in acting, are auditioning for drama school or are a professional actor wanting to streamline and perfect your technique. It's a technique that works across mediums.

If you choose to buy a copy, I hope that you find 'in Depth Acting' as insightful and rewarding to your acting as I have - take it everywhere with you, allow it to be your travel companion, let the edges curl with use, it's a lasting momento to your craft and offers a technique that once learned, your acting muscles wont want to forget.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any actor, 19 Sep 2012
This review is from: In-Depth Acting (Paperback)
I was taught by Dee at drama school and purchased this book as soon as it was released. It should be a must for all actors at any stage in their careers. The book contains Dee's prime working methods which I know use everytime I work. They have made me feel extremely comfortable going into the profession. This book can make you realise what it takes to seperate yourself from the thousands of other budding actors out there and lets you know what it takes to stand out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! An outstanding resource for any actor!, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: In-Depth Acting (Paperback)
I can't recommend this book enough. Having brought and read a lot of acting books over the years, I feel like throwing them all out as this trumps them all! Having been coached by Dee personally, I can honestly and confidently state that reading this book is like speaking to Dee and gives you a genuine insight into all the wonderful things she can teach you. Reader, you are very lucky indeed to hold this book in your hands. May you learn well from it and move onto great things! I am certain it will be my close companion in the years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars This one sets the bar, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: In-Depth Acting (Paperback)
As someone who's recently decided to get serious about acting I have found this book to be an amazing step by step guide to developing a character and adding depth to performance. It provides an easy formula to follow and explains Stanislavski's teachings in straight forward manor. I've read other material on Stanislavski's techniques but have found it all a little abstract at times. This book brings it all together and will ensure that by the time you take to the stage you're prepared and confident in the performance you're about to give. Well done Dee Cannon. Also thanks to Ramin Karimloo for recommending this book on his twitter account, great advice from an amazing talent!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE MOST INSIGHTFUL ACTING BOOK EVER WRITTEN!, 29 Aug 2012
This review is from: In-Depth Acting (Paperback)
This has taken me a long time to read as every chapter I felt the need to read more than once to get as much out of it as I could. I have enjoyed it immensely and have been reminded of a lot of things that have slipped my mind over recent times. I've altered my approach to scripts according to the insightful advice the book provides. I am so glad I can now source all Dee Cannon's knowledge through a book as it will be hugely useful for me and for my career. This is a book that I will tell my friends and indeed anyone seeking acting advice to go and buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 28 Aug 2012
Ms. E. Kolodziejska (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In-Depth Acting (Paperback)
As an acting coach, I have read a countless amount of acting books. This one stands out. It's clear, consise, easy to use, and very honest. Very Dee. I recommend everyone get themselves a copy immediately whether you're an actor or a coach. Superb!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

In-Depth Acting
In-Depth Acting by Pierce Brosnan (Paperback - 5 Aug 2012)
12.69