Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 August 2013
It is at times like this that I am so happy to have a 4 year old as an excuse to buy these books! It arrived this morning and so far I have had to read it several times to my son - and I really, really do not mind. I loved the last book - The Dinosaur that Pooped Christmas - but actually think that this one is better! Definite laugh out loud moments! Fabulous book and I cannot wait to see what they come up with next for the Dinosaur to poop!
A dinosaur and his boy. Good. A space adventure. Good. A heroic space rescue that depends on poo propulsion. Excellent.

But here's the best part. The rhymes are incredibly clever. Lots of picture books have rhyming lines that read like "Roses are red ...". Some are loaded with words that are only there because the author couldn't come up with another rhyme. This book is different. It has internal rhymes. It has lines in which there are multiple syllable rhymes. (The "science museum", you go there to "see them"; or, "started to orbit" and clouds "just absorbed it".) This is very sharp stuff, and reads more like the lyrics to a Sondheim song than a kid's book.

So, when you couple words that are that much fun with a silly story, space, dinosaurs and poop, well you have a book that just works. A happy find and a very fun read together.
I like poo. The Story of the Little Mole (who knew it was none of his business) is one of my favourites. Dinosaur Doo is another. Both are in their entirety all about poo.

So I'm not squeamish. But I did find my nose wrinkling a little at the illustrations of Dinosaur and his space excretions.

My son isn't quite at the 'obsessed with bodily functions' stage, so he found this mildly amusing rather than out-and-out side-splitting. I imagine in a year or so he'll laugh like a drain. So the excessive poo doesn't really mean much. For the intended audience it's perfect.

Now the story. I liked it. I loved Dr Seuss as a child and certain lines did feel very much like his books. Nicely put together. And fun illustrations.

We especially liked the moon being eaten and the cat coda.

Will get their other picture book for my son shortly.
on 22 September 2013
Love the illustrations and the book is just as funny and good as the dinosaur who pooped Christmas. Perfect for children of all ages. :-D
on 31 August 2013
Yet again the guys from Mcfly do it again, funny for parents and kids alike aould recomend to any child
on 9 September 2013
My grandson loves the Danny and the Dinosaurs books. The 'naughty' titles make him giggle and he likes to read them to his little sister
on 29 November 2013
Very enjoyable, funny story - wonderful pictures - both my 2 year old and 8 year old love this book.
I've now bought the second one The Dinosaur that pooped Christmas - I'm sure they will enjoy this as much.
on 5 November 2013
I have the first one of the two The dinosaur that pooped Christmas so I was so pleased to see this. The price was cheap with is very good. Amazing funny story and I highly recommend.
on 28 September 2013
This is a great book, I really enjoy reading it to my 4 year old son. The story is written in a rhyming style and has fantastic pictures to go with a very funny, enjoyable book.
on 30 November 2013
Very well written. Entertains all ages. Illustrations excellent. Suitable for all ages as a story to read to themselves or have it read to them