Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 November 2012
I'm 27 years old, and this has to be the best book I've ever read. (Better than that one about an old woman who lived in a shoe - even though I love old women. And big shoes.)

The rhymes were fantastic and flows that glow like phosphorous, popping off the top of the oesophagus with ease.

I read it through once and nearly pooped Christmas myself with all the laughter that was coming out.

It's a shame I had to then pass it up for my girlfriend-teacher-of-5-year-olds because apparently it was bought for them. Gutted. I threw a tantrum but it got me nowhere. Now I'm all teary-eyed and bookless.

I'm going to have to work out a way to steal it back from the kids.

I recommend this book for everyone.
22 comments|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2014
Had seen this in hard back and thought would be a good addition to my kindle library!!! How wrong was I!!!
Can only view in landscape, writing very small unless zoomed right in, so you loose the overall view. Not a good thing when reading with children!!!
Very disappointed and wish I'd spent similar money on the real book!!!
Would not recommend as suitable off kindle.
Does your child like poo? While you may have to look away at some of the illustrations here they will most likely be giggling away at the idea of this book.

We read the second book before this, so it makes more sense now how it all began. A rather greedy boy gets an unusual learning aid from Father Christmas one year - a dinosaur that eats EVERYTHING. His Christmas tree, his cat, even his parents and granny. Danny then realises the error of his greedy ways. But can the dinosaur rescue Christmas before it's too late? You may have an inkling what's about to happen...

My son did, the rhyme makes it quite clear what's coming... And the illustrator must have had a field day coming up with the resulting pictures. At times you feel a Dr Seuss moment. At times you feel the rhymes are a little laboured and that the writers got a bit stuck.

But it's a great deal of revolting fun.

The third book (Pooped the Past) is out soon and I've already got it on pre-order at the library. It can't all be fairy tales at bedtime.
on 29 October 2012
As a McFly fan, I was obviously going to buy this (even though I'm 23!) And it is fantastic! I really wasn't sure what to expect, but I could happily read it again and again! I work in a nursery and I've been telling them that my 'Pooping Dinosaur book' will come soon and they found that hilarious! So I cannot wait to take it to work with me to read to them; I'll be buying loads more copies for nursery and all the children I know for their Christmas presents! Simply Superb! x x x
VINE VOICEon 29 October 2012
well i happened accros this when ordering another mcfly items and was shocked to see they had written a kids book, just for a giggle i ordered it for my teen daughter who is a huge fan. i didnt expect much to be honest but i wish id ordered one for myself now as i loved it and am having a hard job saving it back for xmas for her as im desperste for her to have it so she can laugh as much as i have.
its gorgeous to look at with fabulous illustrations ( even if sometimes a little graphic lol) the rhyming is superb throught out and even though its about pooh i dare you not to love it. how can you not adore a book which has the picture of santa surfing his sleigh over a tidal wave of pooh ????
trust me youll love it, your kids will love it, you know you should but you will chuckle and you will pick it up again and again.
well done boys. superb book and its made me smile all day and im 37 !
on 20 January 2015
What can I say about this book! Its pretty vile really all about a dinosaur that literally poo's out Christmas after he has eaten it! Ending with poo covered parents, granny, tinsel & turkey. Bleurgh!! BUT the kids love it.. it is their favorite story all year round no matter how well I hide it they find it again and again!

So if you have boys that are reluctant readers get this book it appeals to them especially!!
on 11 November 2012
I found this by accident when looking for the McFly biography, and was a little surprised to see that McFly had written a childrens book!

I'm a massive fan so on seeing the other reviews I decided to order this for my niece and nephew. It is absolutely brilliant, with great pictures and amazing rhyming, although it is a bit graphic as you might expect from the title :)

You will love it, your kids will love it, it is definitely a must have childrens book. I can barely keep it until Christmas for my niece and nephew! As soon as I got it, I read it, then my sister read it then my mum read it........

If McFly ever decide to quit music (and obviously, I hope this never happens!), but if that was to ever happen, they definitely have a future in children's books.... I can definitely imagine them writing this with big smiles on their faces :)

Well done boys!!!
on 9 December 2013
I teach year 1 and 2 and bought this to read to them. It is not high quality... the rhymes are sometimes a little awkward, and it hasn't got what I would call a rich story line, BUT my kids absolutely loved it.Good as a quick class flick.
on 28 October 2012
Tom and Dougie have proved that not only can they write fantastic songs, but they can transfer this skill to writing stories. Honestly this book made me laugh out loud from the dedications page to the last page. I made my husband read it straight away too and he confessed it was superb, he loved the rhymes. It's a present for my daughter (7, "gimungus" McFly fan) so she won't read it until Christmas but I can't wait to read it with her and my 4 year old, who is at the stage where everything to do with poo is hilarious. This book has a childlike humour that appeals to all generations. Brilliant. Just brilliant.
on 3 July 2013
This is a funny story, but it did actually scare my 3 1/2 year old nephew who then started asking far too many questions about people dying & disappearing!! My lesson, think carefully about the child who it will be read to first!