5.0 out of 5 stars great for kids and adults alike...
This 9th book in the series is a great read,despite being a witch assassin, i was drawn to Grimalkin when she was introduced in one of the earlier spooks series, so i was excited to get my hands on this book and get to understand her more. Joseph Delaney I salute you :)
Published on 29 Dec 2011 by wendyloo

3.0 out of 5 stars This latest chilling installment within the Wardstone Chronicles is full of spine-chilling suspense and nail-biting narrative!
I am Grimalkin (aka. Grim) is the ninth installment within the epic Spooks series that is the Wardstone chronicles. Bursting will fast-paced, intense action and dramatic twists & turns, this is a book that will have you sat on the edge of your seat throughout reading in a feverish frenzy. Exciting, totally absorbing this brilliant book is just a delight to behold and one...
Published 24 months ago by Lucinda

5.0 out of 5 stars great for kids and adults alike..., 29 Dec 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly well-written, fantastic to finally hear from Grimalkin!, 11 Sep 2011
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I must admit, I had my doubts about this book, particularly in regards to whether Joseph Delaney could pull off a believable narration from Grimalkin. My God, has he pulled it off. The story begins where the last book (The Spook's Destiny) left off - The Fiend has been bound (albeit temporarily), and Grimalkin has been tasked with preventing the head of the Fiend from falling into the hands of her enemies, in order to buy Tom and the Spook time to find a way to permanently bind him. The book follows Grimalkin's journey, and along the way she encounters characters old and new, whilst still making the story feel believable, but also a full continuation to the whole storyline. I have loved the series, and I think that this book has the potential to be the best of the lot so far - it is full of shocks, action and plenty of the dark elements so common in the Wardstone Chronicles; however, Grimalkin's tale (one which I feel was well overdue) gives it the edge over the previous books, as her character has so much personal history and knowledge of the dark, something that Tom (the narrator in the previous stories) lacks. She provides for a unique narration, something which I am sure fans of the series will savour! For someone so ruthless and relentless, her narration provides much insight into why she became a Witch Assassin, why she despises the Fiend, but importantly, why she decides to aid Tom. You could end up empathising with her, though the extent to which you do could be surprising, considering that she is the deadly, renowned '...Grimalkin, the witch assassin of the Malkin clan'!

There are instances within this tale where an end to the chronicles as a whole are hinted at. Whilst trying not to reveal too much, certain characters meet their end in this story, so for anyone who considers this to be a side story, you really REALLY need to read this as part of the whole series, otherwise future books may not make sense. The next book to follow in this style - an alternate narration - I believe will be 'I am Alice'. I sincerely hope that it will follow on from the success of this story!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Grimalkin!, 12 Oct 2011
Pyewacket "czarnowice" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Joseph Delaney has done an excellent job in managing to 'humanise' the Witch Assassin, Grimalkin. I don't think this book would have worked without this particular element.

Caution POSS SPOILER. For those who have read the last Wardstone Chronicle, you will know that the Fiend has been bound and his head cut off. It falls to Grimalkin to keep his head with her at all times until Tom (The Spooks Apprentice) can find a way to bring about his demise for good.

We also discover in this book that Grimalkin once had an Apprentice Assassin.............

Brilliant writing and thoroughly enjoyable reading. I shall be really sorry when the Wardstone Chronicles finally come to an end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best so far, 27 Aug 2014
When I started this book I was a little unsure, was it just a filler? This book takes us away from the main stream Spooks saga and we get to explore the life of Grimalkin. This character is getting more involved as we progress against our struggles with the 'Dark' and what a character she is. This is again well written, and there are areas that intertwine with the overall quest to destroy the fiend. Great stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Spook's: I Am Grimalkin: Book 9 (The Wardstone Chronicles) (Paperback)
added to my son's collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Spook's: I Am Grimalkin(Spook Stories), 26 Jun 2014
I have enjoyed all of Joseph Delaney's Books up to now. They are always exciting and very atmospheeric with an interesting storylineinteresting

5.0 out of 5 stars She is Grimalkin, 20 May 2014
T. Halfhide-Hughes (UK) - See all my reviews
Really good book. This probably one of my favorite books in the series and it is truthfully the first in the series that I had read which made me read all of the other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Story Continues..., 1 April 2014
...and I am hooked. Gruesome but gripping. This book is written from Grimalkin's perspective which provides an interesting perspective in this addictive series of books.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 18 Mar 2014
This is a fantastic story of a strong warrior woman who, although an assassin, lives and works by a strong code of conduct. I would recommend this to all readers of the SPOOK's series.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic as usuall, 23 Feb 2014
I. D. Steeper (uk) - See all my reviews
Joseph once again nailed it. I recomend it for both children and young adults...or even adults themselves! This thrilling tale will definitely 'spook' you out.

Spook's: I Am Grimalkin: Book 9 (The Wardstone Chronicles)
Spook's: I Am Grimalkin: Book 9 (The Wardstone Chronicles) by Joseph Delaney (Paperback - 30 Aug 2012)
Used & New from: £4.39