Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 November 1998
We sure love Alfie and his sister Annie Rose. Their ages approximate the relationship between my own two kids, and the adventures are wonderful! We also really like the illustrations and the simple depictions of everyday life in a family that loves each other and seems to have a house that is just as comfortably messy as ours! We especially like the story about the burst pipe, and we read about Alfie's trip to his friend Bernard's birthday party whenever we have a party coming up on our own calendar. As a Mom who's trying to do a good job wading through the millions of childrens books out there, I'm delighted to recommend Alfie -- this one's a keeper!
on 26 February 2010
My little boy cannot get enough of Alfie. The illustrations are rich and detailed, and he can totally relate to the little hero of the stories. He even falls asleep with this book in his bed. Wonderful stuff.
on 3 February 1998
This book features four charming stories about a little boy, Alfie, and his everyday adventures. My 3-year-old especially loves the birthday party story, but also frequently asks for the "raining in the house" story, the "I'm there first" story and the "rain boots" story as well. The illustrations are exceptional, and a treat for a cartoon illustration-weary parent to behold. Every parent will see a little of Alfie in their own child, and appreciate him/her the better for it!
on 26 September 2011
Product arrived in mint condition and in a relatively short period of time. This was particularly impressive as the purchase was a pre order item.
on 13 November 2013
Our two year old grandson loves this story, and his five year old sister, comes to hear it too!
Shirley Hughes is an excellent story writer for little ones; and I`m happy to read her books to
them as many times as they like....we also enjoy the other books she has written.
Pauline Lewis (Happy Granny!)
on 18 November 2015
Lovely series of books which my Grandson relates to. He listens intently while I am reading it to him and he remembers weeks later what the story was about. I would thoroughly recommend the series.
on 30 December 2011
Alfie is back for his 30th Anniversary - perfectly timed for those of us who read the Alfie books to our children and now are buying the books for our Grandchildren.
on 23 May 2013
Shirley Hughes stories are always so real and her illustrations are so evocative, I love them . there are brilliant to read aloud and share with my grandchildren
on 15 June 2013
As to be expected, brilliant book. Classic. And will be reading for quite a few years. Love the ordinariness if the stories and the pictures, so familiar
on 5 June 2013
A perfect book to share with young children. The stories are full of everyday happenings with which children identitfy. Also beautiful illistrations.