Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 January 2009
This book has not matched or even come close to the success of her other books. That said it is still a very readable and enjoyable book. It starts off in modern times where Nat Field has caught the plague. But it's not him the real Nat Field has switched into Shakespeare's time. He goes there acting alongside Shakespeare doing a famous play. Why is he there? Well that's pretty much the whole storyline. There are a few twists towards the end but the rest of it is just as you'd expect. It's not as fun as books like the Dark is Rising and has not got as good a plot. The story gets is a little slow at times and I found the best bits were where she was writing about the plague. Overall it's OK to read if you like her, but if you want to enjoy her storytelling at its best read the Dark is Rising series.
on 7 February 2015
Fabulous book which grips from the first page.would recommend for age 8+
on 27 September 2015
Fantastic.
on 20 January 2015
Excellent.
on 15 June 2000
This is a relly exciting book. I am very keen on acting so it made the book exciting. The founder of my school was even mentioned- Edward Alleyn! I would reccommend this book for people who know a bit about acting and the Elizibethan times!
on 1 September 2013
She is a school teacher and it is what she requested, so I cannot comment other than to say delivery was efficient.
on 14 October 2014
i love it
on 17 May 2000
A fascinating tale in which a young actor is sent back in time to act alongside William Shakespeare himself.
on 6 July 2013
I read this book as part of an English assignement and was hoping for great things but I was very disappointed. well, where to begin? I though it was very badly written and I found her style a bit on the annoying side. I also thought that the charaters were very unrelatable and I really couldn't engage with them, need I go on?!? Finally the whole idea was very boring and did not keep me wanting to read on and it was also quite jumbled up as I do not think she thought the bvook out well! I did struggle to get to the end! so all in all not a great read!