Boring, Botty and Spong
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£2.26+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 8 February 2012
I was expecting something completely different- that is not to say that it was a disappointment, it wasn't. However, I read this with the intention of giving it to my cousin for his 10th birthday, but I have decided that the amount of information, and the type of information presented here would not be appreciated by someone of that age.
The title and book jacket would encourage customers to buy this for a boy or girl interested in the weird and possibly little bit naughty/cheeky bits of trivia, but the lists here are far more interesting for an older reader, in fact, I have now recommended this book to my friends (all aged 20-22) as it had me laughing out loud from cover to cover. The lists here range from strange surnames and place names around the U.K to top 10 medieval names.
The lists are quite long and had little to break them up. A definite recommendation for silly adults/teens- but with a front cover and title suitable for 10 year old's.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I was really looking forward to this book as I love titles that are full of fun, factual pieces of trivia that very few seem to know. The problem with this book however is that it reads like a long list and as such I feel will miss its place with the audience as they'll take one look and wonder where the interest is.

It is researched very well but for me the execution falls a little flat with just the facts and no other information at hand to help keep it in the memory. Its information overload and for me would have been better had it had the writing style of Mitchell Symons to help bring it to life. A great shame all in and heres hoping a future edition will fix this major problem.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again