4.0 out of 5 stars A compelling entry in a quality series
I won't bother to break down the story like most other reviewers have done but I will say that the author is a master at creating books that move the story at breakneck speed and this is no exception. This makes it a compelling read for both youngsters and older readers alike.

Although some readers familiar with the series may have been worried that the change...
Published on 22 Jun 2011 by Bro hood

3.0 out of 5 stars More of the same
Fast moving and with some exciting parts, Delaney's eight foray into the Dark keeps the storyline pot boiling. However, it lacks the genuinely creepy atmosphere of the first three books and some of the incidental characters are sketchy. Tom, Alice and Grimalkin are still excellent characters for a novel and although the plot offers no surprises fans will no doubt want to...
Published 5 months ago by Tj Gavell

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same ... pure genius !, 29 May 2011
The Wardstone Chronicles are pure genius. Great characters and compelling stories delivered at breakneck pace. Totally absorbing.

One small problem ... like all great books they always seem too short!

I read this in a day and I now have to wait for the next installment. I am told that impatience is not a virtue! :-)

I hope that this series has many more books to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! My daughter loves all the books in this ..., 16 July 2014
Great! My daughter loves all the books in this series and couldn't wait to get her hands on this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 8 Sep 2011
This book was just as good as the other books in the series!! I can't wait to read the following books!! I'm just a bit disappointed because they changed the cover (I preferred the old style) and the size, but that doesn't affect the story!

1.0 out of 5 stars Why have the covers changed!!!!!!!!!!, 22 Jun 2011
B. Greswolde (UK) - See all my reviews
Yet again the book has been published without a thought of all of the readers who have purchased the series so far. Why have the old covers been changed I have a shelf full of the books with the old covers and point blank refuse to purchase these americanised covers. The last book was produced with the option of purchasing a limited edition with the old syle cover; where is that option with this book? I will lend the book from the library rather than buy this trash. Please please please someone from the publishers listen to the readers who have purchased these books and made the series such a success. PRODUCE A SPECIAL EDITION!!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 14 Jun 2011
I have read all the books in this series up to now. I've had some reservations about how the author represents witches from time to time, but I felt that I would give the author the benefit of the doubt as the the growth of Alice (and the increasingly positive role of Grimalkin in the series) throughout demonstrates an implicit ambiguity. However, now that the series has come closer to home, I must say that as an Irish reader I was offended by this book. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of the Landowners as liberators of Ireland from pagan mages and witches. To be honest I was completely on side with the pagans in this one!

The Spook's Destiny: Book 8 (The Wardstone Chronicles)
The Spook's Destiny: Book 8 (The Wardstone Chronicles) by Joseph Delaney (Paperback - 26 April 2012)
Used & New from: 1.55