5.0 out of 5 stars A great help.
I purchased this book, along with Justin's Beginner's songbook, last July and started his course at the beginning of August. I'd never tried to learn guitar before and at 36 years old I thought I wouldn't have the dexterity I had as a kid and I'd struggle. Well, I finished the course in February, followed his Strumming DVD and then started his intermediate course (free...
Published 23 months ago by Craig Law

3.0 out of 5 stars Great tuition Book
Published on 18 Feb. 2013 by Sid

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars On the money!, 22 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Justinguitar.Com Beginner's Guitar Course (Book & 2 Cds) (Paperback)
I wanted a quality book from one of the best instructors EVER! This was right on the money, taking the acoustic player from beginner to intermediate. Many songs are really easy, giving the player a 'feel good' factor. The book has plenty of variety and contemporary songs. Check out the website for Justin Sander one ([...]) - it's even better, with everything an aspiring guitarist could want to get to the top level. It includes practise routines, theory, chord structures, tabs, acoustic, electric and all supported with video lessons and downloadable bits, like the brill metronome app!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 21 Aug. 2014
Absolutely brilliant! I've been struggling to play guitar for a few years and picked up some bad techniques on the way. Very pleased with it. It's the best beginners course I've come across and I've bought a few. I'm 47 and not the fastest of learners so it's great to take this at my own pace, in my home, without feeling silly. I've tried a private guitar tutor but just couldn't afford the cost so this has been ideal for me. I've just signed up for a group guitar class which has worked out very cheap per week and I feel more confident about joining the group. Worth every penny :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did I not find this book before? !!!, 28 Jun. 2014
R. G. Cooper "Robert" (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm a senior - novice guitar player. I've bought lots of books on the subject and found they either assumed I had knowledge that left me puzzled or were clearly aimed at young children. From the time I opened this book I felt at home with a straight forward progressive approach that was easy to understand with lots of guidance and a bit of humour thrown in. I have made progress and do now feel I understand. I recommend this book to anyone who is embarking on the journey of learning to play the guitar. I only wish I'd found it a couple of years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Justinguitar Beginners' Guitar Course Book, 25 July 2014
I've been teaching myself guitar for about three months and have looked at a lot of YouTube tutorials. Justin is the best online guitar tutor I've found. He knows the guitar back to front, but he's thought very carefully about the business of teaching it. He teaches in a structured, coherent way with the students' best interests at heart. His book follows the same methods, but provides lots of additional information alongside the YouTube videos. Excellent stuff that you can return to repeatedly when you need to refresh your memory.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great tuition Book, 18 Feb. 2013
Great tuition book, well presented and with good illustrations and pictures. You do need to purchase the accompanying song book to allow practice of the chords learnt though. One thing that is annoying is that the accompanying CDs which contain audio examples of, in partricular, the chord progressions will not play on a PC's internal drive. ( or an external one for that matter) . So make sure you have a CD player in the same location as when you practice otherwise its pointless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow and understand teaching!, 18 Feb. 2014
Bought this after finding Justin's website. I always like to have a book rather than just following a video, so bought the course. Very well worded and easy to understand. The photographs are very good. There are some good tips in there for when you are learning to change from cords easily. I haven't used the CDs yet that came with the book so can't say anything about those. Was using the Guitar For Dummies before and this book explains things a lot clearer. Very pleased and glad I bought it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried others....., 21 Nov. 2012
Have various books, but this and the accompanying song book are the only ones that ever get used with any regularity.
This accompanies the website and youtube videos. It should be noted that this book is really just a print out of what's taught in the videos, but that suits what I need- I prefer to watch the videos once then just refer back to the book.
Check out the website (its all free/donation) if you think the course is for you, then this makes a good addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Justin sandercoe beginner's guitar course, 24 Mar. 2013
A great thing to have the whole online course clearly laid out on paper! It means you can dip in and out and check on things while watching the DVD course that Justin also does or the online free guitar lessons. As ever with Justin everything is clearly explained and laid out Haven't listened to the accompanying CD's yet but sure they will be most useful as well. Every beginner guitarist should be taught by Justin he is so helpful! Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for starting out !!!!!!, 19 Jan. 2013
I would highly recommend this book for any one starting out.

I have just ordered the dvd's to go along with this instead on going online for the tips which help alot.

This book is great and goes right along with the songbook I have realy learned alot and am getting better every day.

My kids don't mind me practicing anymore since I started learning with Justin's guitar course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and informative book., 14 Jan. 2015
Bought this as I saw the Justin Sandercoe course online. It has a little more in it than is online, and the instruction is good, especially when used together (book and online). It's comprehensive and I'm making good progress using it. Clearly written and informal in style. Worth the money. Don't just rely on the online course, pay a few quid for this book to support the free instruction side of the things.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

The Justinguitar.Com Beginner's Guitar Course (Book & 2 Cds)
The Justinguitar.Com Beginner's Guitar Course (Book & 2 Cds) by Justin Sandercoe (Paperback - 5 Dec. 2011)
Used & New from: £16.28