on 22 January 2009
I couldn't put this down when i receieved it as a Christmas present. I was expecting some over-enthusiastic writing (who wouldn't about this subject) but it wasn't sickly at all, and contained almost everything you could possibly know about muse.

a must buy for any muse fan, or even just a general music fan!
on 3 September 2009
The book tells you pretty much all you will ever want to know about Muse - how they met, what got them into music, the music and music business people who helped them get to where they are today. It follows their entire career up to the two huge Wembley gigs and I was just amazed at the number of performances this band has managed to pack into their career. It is practically non-stop touring. This may account for very little in the way of information about personal life or they may just want to keep that private. The photos of a VERY young Matt Bellamy are great!
on 30 September 2013
As a would be guitarist, and lover of all things guitar I came across Muse in concert and followed that up by purchasing all their CD's (that is what I tend to do. I was interested to learn of their formation, musical back grounds etc. I can recommend this ebook for those wishing to cover that same area of reading.
on 20 March 2010
I was absolutely stunned during/after reading this book. First of all the author gives us a very detailed biography of the band, I guess there are little details which are not uncovered. Second the book is full of interesting trivia about each member of the band, the most interesting in my opinion would be Matt Bellamy's theories on our world, universe and world politics. And third the book is written in a very beautiful and fantasy-like language as to portray the bands "sci-fi"-like profile.

Every time I put down the book, I almost could not wait until the next moment I continue reading it again. If somebody would to hand me this book and I never heard of the band named Muse, I probably would have treated it as some kind of a sci-fi book, an awesome one. This is a biography like no others. If you are a Muse fan it's a must, if you are interested in sci-fi it's a must, if you are interested in conspiracy theories it's a must, if you are interested in Matrix it's a must, if you just want to read something fantastic, this book IS a must!
on 23 April 2009
This is an excellent book - a must if you want to read up on Muse's roots. Written well and full of interesting stories.

See how "The Greatest Band in the World" came to be here.
on 23 August 2013
This was a great read, giving me a much better understanding of their music. The descriptions of some of the songs are truly brilliant and the photos are great too. It did make me deeply regret that I didn't start going to their concerts sooner though, especially as I've always liked their music and was living in Devon around the time they were starting out.
The author says he set out to pack in every fact about Muse that he could, and he certainly does that. Quite a few bits were laugh out loud funny. Matt Bellamy really is a nutter, as well as a sickeningly talented individual!
on 2 October 2012
Funny, warm, intelligent - what a brilliant insight into a group of guys that are soooo talented. I couldn't put this book down - it made me laugh out loud... Brilliantly written, entertaining and informative. LOVE IT!
on 4 March 2012
Admittidly you do need to be enthusiastic about reading to non-stop read this, but my what a great book. Mark Beaumont has really impressed me and its very intresting learning about the lives of my favourite musicians- the intro is mainly about Matt-and the unexpected twists that caused them to get to their current domination. Great read late at anytime and Matt's particuarly poiniont views of politics are intreguing and his refusal to accept normality is inspiring. I would suggest getting the updated book Out Of This World - The Story Of Muse (Updated Edition) as it does contain more info
on 18 October 2013
I bought it for my 13 yr old son. He is reading this book, that alone makes buying it worthwhile all day every day. I have skimmed it and it's readable, packed full of background facts, interesting and well-written.
on 27 February 2013
A must have for all Muse fans. I received it as a gift and have never heard of this book before, but after just a couple of pages you realise the author knows what he's doing. Very well written and, of course, all the trivia and info you would expect on a biography. After reading it I feel I know much better the meaning of Muse's music and their inspiration. Also, had no idea of the interesting theories Bellamy has about the world. Very nice book, for sure!