Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 June 2011
THIS BOOK IS VERY ACCURATE FOR STRUM ALONG VERSIONS OF DYLAN SONGS.THE CHORDS USED MATCH THE ORIGINAL RECORDINGS KEY SIGNATURES,AND DROPPED TUNINGS FOR E STRING ARE SHOWN AS WELL AS CAPO POSITIONS WHEN USED.THERE ARE ALSO OPEN TUNINGS FOR A COUPLE OF SONGS.MANY YEARS AGO I TRIED TO LEARN SOME DYLAN SONGS,BUT WAS PUT OFF BY THE USE OF DIFFICULT CHORD FINGERINGS(MANY E FLAT CHORDS,THAT I NOW REALISE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLAYED WITH CAPO ON FIRST FRET) AND THE SONGS DID NOT SOUND ANYTHING LIKE THE RECORDINGS.THIS BOOK I HAVE ENJOYED.
on 17 April 2012
He is one of the world's best songwriters. For all those of us who love plonking around on our guitar, this book helps us to share this great material in another way. It also demonstrates what a great contemporary poet he is. Buy it.
VINE VOICEon 6 August 2015
This is an excellent book in every respect: the chords are appropriate to each song - not something that you always get, all the verses are shown and you can therefore choose to play/sing them all or not. I admit to a tendency to use Byrd's variants at times e.g. Chimes of Freedom, All I Really Want to Do, Mr Tambourine Man. But then it can be fun to actually bash the whole song out as with one of my favourites Positively 4th Street, which needs all the verses to get Bob's full sarcasm and disdain towards the person concerned.

Some songs e.g. All Along The Watchtower have deceptively few chords but need a bit of practice with strumming - something that is not helped with here but is down to personal choice. I say that because Bob himself performs different versions of his own songs form one gig to another, by all accounts.

The capo positions are helpful and so are the slight tuning changes. At first the book, being the size it is does not easily stay open at a page but persevere and keep practising and the book will stay open. The fact that some songs are over more than 2 pages just adds to the incentive to learn the verses!

And you can appreciate again the amazing storytelling and. I heartily recommend this book as a never ending source of enjoyment and insight into Bob's songs. It is also amazing value for money.
on 29 January 2014
Lots of songs and a really good mix of Bob Dylan's standards and lesser known works too. It would have been enhnaced by maybe having suggested strumming patterns but apart from that, a really good book to work from.
on 17 December 2015
Great Book.
This has all the songs I like of Dylan's the only problem is keeping the pages open when playing them.
Shame it wasn't printed as a binder type book so pages would fold flat on the music stand. 4 stars because of that set back.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 November 2014
All the stuff you want, even quite up-to-date songs. All the chords even!
on 22 May 2015
It arrived on time and well protected. Its contents also are what I expected, that's why i'm so pleased!
on 13 January 2015
Christmas present. Well liked my son said it a really good chord book for Dylan songs
on 4 February 2016
Brilliant, great songs and chord charts and capo info, I love it
on 4 April 2016
The book arrived on time. The contents are good.