‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Illuminating, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Developing Your Assertiveness Skills and Confidence in Your Communication to Achieve Success. How to Build Your Confidence and Assertiveness to Handle (Skills Training Course) (Paperback)
I have learned a lot about myself since reading this book. I thought I handled situations quite well; but now realise that I was often "low-level aggressive" in my attempts to assert myself and express my feelings in any given situation and I now understand why I frequently did not achieve the outcomes for which I hoped. This book is clear, practical and down to earth. It helps you identify your style of interaction with your colleagues (and even your friends!) and positions your behaviour in a range of options and, in a non-judgemental way, shows you how you could do better. I think it is an invaluable tool in assessing your communication skills no matter what job/ situation in which you find yourself. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful book, 22 July 2013
I'm quite assertive anyway but in certain situations and with certain people, I do sometimes struggle to manage difficult encounters. This book will be my guiding light from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Readable and enlightening, 10 July 2013
C. Bennett (UK) - See all my reviews
I had been looking for a book about communication which enabled my students to look at how they communicated whilst on work placements. The dyslexic students and staff with whom I work, often respond to situations in a compliant or aggressive way as often they experience issues in relation to low self esteem and can be very defensive. This book allowed a group of three students to look at their communication which they were not satisfied with and enabled them to see how people reacted to them in the way they did. It enabled them to understand why and the exercises began to help them to do something about it.
They particularly enjoyed the exercise of recognising behaviours looking at examples of assertion, high and low aggression and submission. It allowed 4 responses to be given to the same scenario and they found this enlightening. The lay out and print was so clear and dyslexic friendly. Perhaps the only improvement I would make is to print on off white paper. The chapter on self confidence also provided positive tips for the students who often struggle with viewing themselves in a positive light. All round an excellent purchase and to be recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and helpful, 20 July 2013
Easy to digest and lots of useful advice! Clearly written and easy to follow practical advice, applicable in all situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 3 July 2013
I've given the book 5 stars as I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. This book is for anyone, who at times feels as though they need to draw on inner reserves to overcome certain uncomfortable situations. It highlights the fact that assertiveness is not about winning but about compromise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful for work and home, 25 Jun 2013
Mrs. A. Cole (Wales) - See all my reviews
This book is easy to read and understand and give good advice on how to improve your assertiveness without coming across as aggressive. Whilst useful in a work situation I think it is also useful in day to day situations allowing you to get your views across more effectively.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the exercises gets you thinking, 3 July 2014
Just started to read this so far very interesting. I like the exercises gets you thinking. Very good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars An EXCELLENT BUY, 15 Jun 2014
Extremely helpful enlightening book. An excellent read and first class exercises to practice. A worth while buy fantastic. Highly recommend. Especially for those needing the skills to deal with every day and personal difficulties that life throws at us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent explanation and helpful advice, 4 April 2014
This book provides a clear explanation of exactly what assertiveness means and helpful advice about how to achieve assertive communication. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 3 April 2014
I haven't started reading it yet, I've been building a collection tion of all these books for my work. I hope to find them useful in the near future. Thanks for the book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›