on 30 October 2010
This book is an extremely easy to follow guide to writing reports. It helped me to think logically about what I needed to include in my report, and I was able to structure the report so it was easy for my Managers to follow. As a result of a sucessful first report, my job role has now expanded to do some project work, which involves writing lots more reports! This book has given me the confidence to write reports in the future, and it will prove to be a valuable tool. I thoroughly recomment this book to anyone who is writing their first report, as well as being a valuable resource to anyone who writes regular reports.
on 17 March 2014
I had to write a report at University and needed some guidance on how to achieve a good piece of work. This book takes you step by step on how to set a report out and the do's and don't's on writing a report. I would highly recommend this book to anyone wanting to up their report writing as by reading this book I was able to achieve a higher mark than what I expected.
on 2 August 2013
It was very easy to follow the logic of the instructions and made it easy to break the report writing into steps. I would highly recommend this book to anyone that has to write any type of report.
on 12 August 2013
I have written many reports for clients over the years and didn't really think I could learn so much more about report writing practice. Margaret's book was a breath of fresh air: clear, succinct and easy to read it was a great reminder of some elements of report writing I have overlooked and a great refresher on hints an tips to assist the reader. Excellent reading and a book you can dip into when needed.
on 2 August 2013
As a Trade Unionist, this book is a valuable resource to me, as a committee secretary. Before my reports where a rambling mess, which upon my own critiques were not up to the job, now as I progress through the book I am improving. I feel happier now.
on 4 April 2014
This is very useful for those tasked with writing a report. It provides clear helpful advice on issues such as terms of reference, structure etc to enable those tasked with writing a report to produce something which fully meets their needs.
on 18 July 2013
This is a very informative guide to report writing. In particular, I found the section on how to approach a research report compared to a proposal report to be the most useful for me. Each chapter offers practical advice and end with an exercise section to apply the techniques to your own work. Highly recommended!
on 17 July 2013
An excellent and comprehensive step by step guide on how to plan, write and present effective and concise reports. This book will not only suit those new to report writing but also the more experienced report writer as the tips and techniques can be applied to any type of report whatever it's purpose.
on 1 April 2014
I found the book and all its modules a great source of learning.
This also includes sun diagram and mindmapping explanations, which I think will become a very useful tool for the future, Really great.
on 18 July 2013
This book is full of useful advice for report writing, all laid out in a clear and concise manner. I picked up lots of tips and will be using this book to help me organise and plan my next report.