5.0 out of 5 stars Succeeding On Your Primary PGCE, 19 Aug. 2011
N. Wilson "nigel-wilson" (Bristol, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Succeeding on your Primary PGCE (Paperback)
This book is a short and sweet, but a highly informative, human and helpful introduction to the Primary PGCE course, which I would say is essential reading for anyone taking up- or thinking of taking up- teaching as a profession.

The book's great in outlining details about expectations of student teachers in classes and on placements, there is a wonderful chapter to help you decide if teaching really is for you, and great insight in how to prepare and achieve during this intensive postgraduate course.

There's not really a lot else I can say- the book is short and sweet, and so shall be this review!

But I do highly recommend this book- it actually put my mind at ease prior to the course, and has geared me up to take on the challenges I face with my PGCE.

5.0 out of 5 stars great conditon, came really soon, 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Succeeding on your Primary PGCE (Paperback)
really helpful book for preparing for a PGCE or gaining experience in schools etc, i'd definitely recommend it to anyone thinking about applying to a PGCE

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful for PGCE students!, 30 May 2014
I'm starting a PGCE in September so wanted a text which would introduce me to the course. This book is very useful- it is written in neat chapters and will continue to be useful throughout my year. There is a section on how to prepare before the course starts and once your on the course, different chapters about what to expect. I'm glad I brought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very good!, 8 April 2014
P. T. Johnson "Pete" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Succeeding on your Primary PGCE (Paperback)
Would definitely recommend this book to any prospective PGCE student. It's packed full of really useful tips on how to prepare for the course.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good books for PGCE student, 4 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Succeeding on your Primary PGCE (Paperback)
This book is great for people who are attending PGCE courses who want to get initial advice and extra information

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Starting Point, 18 April 2011
This review is from: Succeeding on your Primary PGCE (Paperback)
This book appears to be a great starting point for preparing yourself for the year ahead. I have 5 months to get organized and I truly didn't know where to begin, this book has put me on track. I've picked out the further reading that interests me and have made a study plan with reading journals (a tip from the book). I will refer back to my journals for quick referencing when the topics arise in seminars. I was particularly interested in the tips on observations; I work in a school and always watch from the students view as I am sat amongst the pupils. The authors recommend observing the teacher and question their motives. Why have they chosen this style etc? I'll definitely ask more questions when I go back to work next term. I'm keeping this book until I get my first paid teaching position; it has some tips and further reading on applications and interviews too. The authors have created a very easy read and it is quite motivational.

Succeeding on your Primary PGCE
Succeeding on your Primary PGCE by Hellen Ward (Paperback - 19 July 2010)