Format: Paperback|Change

This was one of the first Blake and Mortimer books I read and I was hooked from the first few pages and I really believe you will be too.

This one of the original books created by the master E P Jacobs.
Jacobs was a contributor to Herge's Tintin stories. Herge insisted on only having his name on the cover and none of the contributing artists like Jacob and others brilliant talents were credited. The fact that Jacobs is actually drawn as a background character in some Tintin stories is an indication of his importance in the Tintin Books- some apprenticeship.

Jacobs has a fabulous style and I believe him to be better than his old master Herge.
Don't believe me take a look in the books. They are set in the 1950's and the detail is phenomenal. Far more detail is `crammed' in to use a clumsy expression which make a repeat reading advisable and a joy.
I never get tired of re reading this fabulous graphic novel.

What a fantastic story this is - Lost Atlantis! Space Ships! An Undiscovered Advanced civilization! Tremendous. I won't give any plot spoilers but this is a really terrific story that has it all- pace- great story telling and sensible dialogue.

This is a very grown up story. Science fiction at its best. The art work colouring and lettering are fabulous.
If you love Tintin and Herge's style you will love this book.

This is the actual 7th album in the Blake and Mortimer series. It was very rare my original copy left my collection for over 70 pounds. I still regret parting with it to this day. I really envy the new reader discovering the book for the first time this is a wonderful place to start.
on 26 July 2013
I have previously read three of Blake & Mortimer's books, and quite liked the combination of Sci Fi with 50s ambiance created by Belgium's E.P. Jacobs (my favorite so far is the Yellow M). Atlantis Mystery, however, is their first book to disappoint me. We see our heroes go down to the caves of the Azores Islands, and they soon find themselves in Atlantis (which is shown as a phenomenally advanced civilization), where they find themselves in the middle of a sort of civil war there. The book starts relatively well, but it becomes too silly and fantastic. Even fantasy and sci fi has to find some leg in reality.
on 26 April 2016
Perfect
on 15 October 2014
all very nice I am very happy about amazon service too. thank you
on 20 August 2013
These books are very well written, they take a lot of concentration to read them and are very exciting when you get into them. This book is a bit hard to believe IE: They find a city in the earth, but its good over all!..