on 14 January 2011
To anyone with a passing or intense interest in astronomy this is a fantastic look into the universe by means of images that most of us will never have the oportunity to observe in real life. Superb quality photographs which bring distant objects to your lap in a book of beautiful quality.
on 3 March 2011
This is a great book to share your passion for Astronomy with your kids, your wife, family and friends. You don't have to be an astronomer to be fascinated by the stunning visuals, and also the great insights provided about the Universe around us. This book also continues to boost my own fascination of the Deep Space surrounding us. Thanks.
on 14 January 2011
This book is absolutely fabulous. The picutres are very clear as is the information about the objects.

Only one little problem I found was that I thought it was a bit big...in terms of a coffee table book, this could be the coffee table, especially if you are a bit on the small side.

However, I would recommend this book to anyone with an interest in the stars. Just wish I could have been in the driving seat of the Hubble!
on 14 April 2011
Great book... definitely not for carrying around though! Brilliant photos, would highly recommend for anyone who wants to learn about the universe or just wants to spend hours looking into the incredible detail of the photos. P.s. this edition was £40 in my local shop so great price too :)
on 2 June 2011
I purchased this item recently for my husband who has been fascinated by the Dr Brian Cox Series "Wonders of the Universe" and "Wonders of the Solar System" (which I also purchased), and during my search noted excellent reviews for this book. And, it really doesn't dissapoint; the insights and photograps are mindboggling, and make you truly appreciate the beauty of the universe! The only minor niggle is where to store such a book - unless you have a super sized coffee table - its far too large to fit neatly on any conventional bookshelf!
on 16 August 2011
This book was well worth the price tag and it was a very interesting read. The latest pictures taken from Hubble are just breathtaking. The story on it's troubled launch and problematical mirror and how they fixed it was eye opening. The servicing missions sections are also very interesting and how the Hubble program nearly "died" after the Colombia accident. I highly recommend this to anyone interested in astronomy and cosmology. There are a few spelling mistakes and 1 section near the end that is a complete misprint. (Suppose to be about 2 colliding galaxies but, mentions a nebula in the Milky Way)
on 22 January 2011
Absolutely fantastic photos which open one's mind to worlds beyond. Beautifully presented and wonderful value at the Amazon price.
on 1 November 2012
Amazon emailed me to suggest I trade this book in. Well they're not getting it back. Stunning pictures. Previous reviews aren't exaggerating - this is a big book. But it needs to be to do the pictures justice. At £8 it's a bargain.
on 17 August 2011
The book is very large and impressive, makes a great present or conversation piece.
Before I opened the book, I imagined it would be mostly images with little accompanying text. I was surprised to discover the author has included detailed explanations of every image shown, as well as background information.

The book not only contains stunning images of our cosmos, but also pages discussing and illustrating the history of the Hubble Space Telescope and the various missions undertook to maintain it. Very illuminating indeed, and attractive to anyone with an interest in science.

To summarize, I am very pleased with this purchase!
on 20 January 2011
Stunning photos and background info on the nature of the heavenly bodies and the probes. Fantastic value for a big glossy book originally priced at [...].