on 5 November 2010
I have read a number of books on how the universe began, eg Brian Greens The Elegant Universe, Hawkins Grand Design, and those have been excellent in explaining the mind boggling nature of how the big bang happened. This book covers some of the same ground but it does it in a way that makes it easier to retain the knowledge - I think the writing style, and the way it sets out to answer key questions really helps. If I had to choose between the 3 I would get this one, but dont let that stop you getting all 3.
3!
on 9 November 2010
A good brief overview of cosmology. The book touches briefly on a wide range of topics in a clear and precise way. It is easily understood to the non scientific mind but I found myself craving a little more knowledge on the subjects approached by Stuart Clark. This is an excellent introduction to Cosmology but no more than that. If it gives people an apatite for further reading on the subject that's only a good thing.
I can recommend Marcus Chown as a follow on author to read when you have finished this book. Especially if you enjoyed all the parallel universe stuff.
on 6 August 2011
An excellent book. Couldn't put it down. I was lucky enough to get my book signed by Stuart Clark not long after I purchased it. If your a space nut like me then buy this book.
on 8 January 2014
I would recommend this book to any lay reader who wants a succinct introduction to the current issues in cosmology. It is well written and clearly explained, without sacrificing scientific accuracy. The author knows his stuff and how to put it across in an exciting way. I found new insights from reading it that hadn't struck me from other popular accounts I have read in the past.
on 10 December 2012
Amazing way to look at the universe around us and see it from a different perspective. This book highlights many things that we dont understand but talks about peoples different perceptions of them a great way to see the space Round us differently.
on 14 October 2013
A fascinating and informative laypersons guide to where we are now - in relaxed and understandable language.
I have read many books on this subject; some half read, but this presentation is deserving of full marks. Thank you.
on 23 June 2014
The perfect non-fiction follow-on after Stuart Clark's excellent explorational "Science versus Religion: from Copernicus to Hubble" trilogy, "The Sky's Dark Labyrinth".
on 20 October 2013
Good read. Very enjoyable and informative.
Good answers.
Good format.
Have the printed copy as well.
Worth having both.
Very well presented. Handy size.
on 22 August 2013
This book is brilliant.
Its full of interesting facts and its easy to read.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone with an interest in astronomy.
on 24 April 2015
Overall I found this an absorbing book and for a layman not too difficult to comprehend but what did annoy me slightly was the comments see this chapter, see that chapter