on 13 January 2014
Many of the images are barely visible as the backgrounds are just too strong, and are often the same colour as the object, so they don't show up at all.

I wish I'd never bought this book.. It is not a joy to read with my daughter.
on 13 November 2011
I like the colourful display of words. It is quite a small book so will be easy to handle for a small child. The card pages are thick, therefore should be hard wearing. The Pages are themed such as "toys" or "Pets", "Farm Animals" etc which is a good way to organise the book. My only reservation is that I thought that some of the words such as "soft toy" on the toy page were a bit silly, but the pictures are good.
on 7 October 2011
I just received this book today and my little girl was certainly interested in sitting and looking at it and was pointing at the pictures (she's 12 months). It's a very nice book, with bright photographs and sturdy pages. We sat holding it the right way up and turned the pages together.

The only slight downsides for me were that some of the words were repeated on different pages, and also it is an American book so words like colour (color), pyjamas (pajamas) and trousers (pants!) are spelled differently. It's not a huge deal as my daughter can't read, but as recognising high-frequency words is one way that children learn to read, I'd prefer a book which didn't use American- English.

On the whole it is a nice book for babies and a good price.
on 22 April 2014
My daughter loves this book and so do I. The book is solid so it can be thrown around - which babies do!

Super price and product. Well recommended to help toddlers recognise routines, objects, colours, animals and transport.
on 29 November 2015
I loved the look of this book for my 14-month old daughter. I was surprised on its arrival at how small it is! It's tiny! Less than A5. The book does have good quality "board" pages and a high quality finish, with lovely padded cover. The pictures are bright and attractive, but the publisher has squeezed up to four items on each page, which is not ideal and makes the images too small and too much "going on" on each page. Unlike its sister book 'Numbers...', the language is "Americanised", rather than proper English nouns (e.g. " dump truck"), which isn't ideal when teaching first words in English. Overall, good quality.
on 30 July 2014
I originally saw this in a high street shop and my baby loved it, so bought it cheaper on Amazon. However the product description didn't say that this is in fact a small A6 sized book, whereas the book I saw was huge. Despite this, it's great! The size is actually better because it means baby can hold ti easily. It's good board material, so chewable and no sharp edges. The colours and pictures are really bold and lots of fun for baby.
on 8 October 2015
Bought this for my baby boy who is now one year old. Each page has got so many pictures on it, it's difficult for a baby to concentrate on one thing at a time, making it very difficult to teach them. I try tapping on a certain picture and teaching him the word for it, but his eyes are obviously all over the page and opposite page as there's so many other things to look at. Not a good book for teaching in my opinion.
on 20 December 2011
My 21 month old son loves this book. He is a good talker and will give any word a go, so this book really builds his confidence as he can go through and name most of the items. The only negative is that the vehicle pictures (fire engine etc) are American, so look quite different to the British vehicles. But all in all, this book is great value for money.
on 20 January 2016
Great item but a bigger version would have been better as some of the pictures are too small. My grandson loves to look at this and 2 other books in the series...but when he's older they will be of no use as they are American versions so some of the spellings are different. Great for a first book though!
on 30 January 2014
this is a great book with well grouped items bright pictures my 18 m old loved it. only downside I didn't like but completely preferencial there is a full page to different types of trucks and planes things I would say are hard to distinguish for a young one but agreat book well worth the money