4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!
Published on 5 Oct 2006 by Annabelle's mummy

1.0 out of 5 stars American Book
Unfortunately this book is not suitable for the UK market as it's American and some of the words are spelled incorrectly. I am very disappointed with this book as I would like my daughter to learn how to spell correctly so I will not be using this book with her. There is a UK book published by a different company which should be more suitable.
Published on 30 July 2012 by Yvonne

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 5 Oct 2006
Board Pages - almost the ONLY type of book you want to share with a baby/toddler. My daughter has had this book from 11mths, she is now 17mths old and still LOVES it. At first she enjoyed the bright colours and pictures, then pointing for me to say the words, finding pics at my request and now she is old enough to label with words/pointing almost every picture with a look of delight on her face. She goes to this book by choice every day. You may wonder if it is so fantastic why I only give it 4* the reason is (I'm a tough critic) that we don't all name our items the same eg Beaker or Sippy Cup etc But this fact is worth overlooking for the endless hours of pleasure your budding bookworm will get. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars my son's favourite book, 26 April 2009
J. Hurds (Hereford, UK) - See all my reviews
This is our second copy of this book, my 2 year old loves it so much that he wore the first one out! He loves pointing at all the pictures and saying their names. Incredible value for money too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 15 April 2009
I bought this book when my toddler was around 15 months and just starting to pick up on words and now he is nearly 2 he knows nearly all of them. Durable and throughly enjoyable, if not on the slightly large side!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book.... but a few odd things, 25 Sep 2011
My 12 month old loves this book, and he can already point out many of the pictures. It is a really big book, and he is very happy scanning over the photos. And one of the best things about the book is that actual photos are used, not pictures.

There are a few weird things though
- The spelling in the book is UK English, but yet many photos are American (eg truck, fire engine, train)
- Some of the photos are face-on (eg truck, mini) so it makes it difficult for a baby to really understand what the photo is)
- The 'crying baby' looks like he is yelling, and the 'laughing baby' is actually biting her finger.

Not perfect, but still a very good buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars American Book, 30 July 2012
This review is from: First 100 Words (Board book)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!, 12 Aug 2008
This book is fabulous. Lots of new words for my one year old to get to know. I think it will be a good longstanding part of his life!

2.0 out of 5 stars About 50% content interesting to 18mth child, 18 Aug 2012
This review is from: First 100 Words (Board book)
This book has too much of a US slant. Many of the words certainly wouldn't be what I would expect to be in the first 100 and there are many similar pictures. Overall dispappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and good quality cardboard, 13 Nov 2011
This review is from: First 100 Words (Soft to Touch Board Books) (Hardcover)
I like the colourful display of words. It is quite a small book so will be easy to handle for a small child. The card pages are thick, therefore should be hard wearing. The Pages are themed such as "toys" or "Pets", "Farm Animals" etc which is a good way to organise the book. My only reservation is that I thought that some of the words such as "soft toy" on the toy page were a bit silly, but the pictures are good.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book so far that my 21 month old has loved!!, 4 Mar 2010
This is a great book for teaching those first words, and really engages children with large pictures and bright colours. The book itself is massive and very sturdy - has been dropped and thrown about and is still in one piece! Has really helped my young son with his speech - since having it he's saying lots of new words that are in the book. The only downside is that some of the words in the book are different to the words we use (e.g. the book says 'beaker', but we prefer 'cup'). I am still giving it 5 stars though, simply because my son loves it and it keeps him entertained for hours each day!

3.0 out of 5 stars American spellings!, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: First 100 Words (Soft to Touch Board Books) (Hardcover)
I just received this book today and my little girl was certainly interested in sitting and looking at it and was pointing at the pictures (she's 12 months). It's a very nice book, with bright photographs and sturdy pages. We sat holding it the right way up and turned the pages together.

The only slight downsides for me were that some of the words were repeated on different pages, and also it is an American book so words like colour (color), pyjamas (pajamas) and trousers (pants!) are spelled differently. It's not a huge deal as my daughter can't read, but as recognising high-frequency words is one way that children learn to read, I'd prefer a book which didn't use American- English.

On the whole it is a nice book for babies and a good price.

First 100 Words (Soft to Touch Board Books)
First 100 Words (Soft to Touch Board Books) by Roger Priddy (Hardcover - 1 May 2011)