5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of compact treats!
Published on 21 May 2012 by Shirley Golden

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun
Published 17 months ago by Alexander Kreator

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of compact treats!, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Jawbreakers (Kindle Edition)
This anthology, created for National Flash-Fiction Day, is stunning. Each tale is concise and powerful. Amongst my favourites are: 'Peekaboo' by Dan Powell; 'Ed!' by Rupan Malakin; 'Home' by Calum Kerr and 'Harps' by Sal Page. There was the odd story that didn't quite work for me but in a collection packed with over fifty stories and as many authors, this is hardly surprising. Regardless of personal preferences, every piece sparkled with quality. With such a diversity of themes, there is something to suit everyone. I'll be buying a physical copy - it's the sort of book that needs to be embraced!

5.0 out of 5 stars A treat of a collection, 20 May 2012
This review is from: Jawbreakers (Kindle Edition)
This book contains some fantastic flash fiction stories. It's the kind of book you think you'll dip in and out of, but once you start reading it you won't want to stop.

This collection would be perfect for someone who has never read flash fiction before, as an introduction to the form, as all of the stories are fantastic. But I can say for certain it will be enjoyed by regular readers of flash fiction too.

There is definitely something for everyone in here, and I know I will revisit it again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The world is on your tongue and ready for tasting, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Jawbreakers (Kindle Edition)
This collection, created for/in honour of National Flash Fiction Day, provides a range of exciting new and established writers with their stories that pull you into their brief moments of revelation and entertainment. The characters may only have a few hundred words (or less) to be explored but they have the ability to immediately propel you into the stories before you stagger out of them blinking with a new sense of sight or insight. The perfect book for those who want to read when rushed or those with hours to spare, savour each story and then search out more writes by these incredible writers. Essential reading for all readers and writers alike.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Jawbreakers (Kindle Edition)
Recommended as a good read to me by Alison Wells. As I am also writing a small short story compilation the book provided me with a yardstick against which to judge my own and contributor stories. Although many were quite enjoyable reads I found I was not completely tuned in to the content and style of all the stories in this volume. Maybe it is reading the stories on Kindle rather than in hard copy. To me Ian Rankin's story the most memorable. I must try and avoid sitting under flying craft. This probably speaks volumes about my reading preferences. Another read through again sometime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jawdroppingly good, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Jawbreakers (Kindle Edition)
Jawbreakers, a collection of flash fiction (really short) and micro fiction (mega short), is jawdroppingly good! Packed with stories of all genres and styles I finished it within 24 hours as I couldn't put it down. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pick and Mix, 1 Oct 2012
This review is from: Jawbreakers (Paperback)
This is a sweet collection of micro fiction. I took it for my holiday read, thinking I could dip in and out in spare moments. In the end I read it in almost one sitting. Like a bag of pick and mix goodies, once started I could not put it down till I had tried every flavour! Each story is different and surprising and thought provoking. Like the gob-stopper it is named for, I expect to go back to it again and again - uncovering layers of new colours and flavours.

Jawbreakers
Jawbreakers by Calum Kerr (Paperback - 16 May 2012)
Used & New from: £4.69