5.0 out of 5 stars Military History---Soldiers Letters
Andrew Roberts with his introduction to and compilation cooperating with I W M and Osprey has shown a sensitivity of feeling which is masterly.
To be reminded of my letters home 60 years on is both illuminating and rewarding.
Any book which reminds us of the human experience and sacrifice should be read by all.
I was...
Published on 22 Sept. 2012 by Bob Gill

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing read
I bought 'Love, Tommy' because I enjoy collections of letters, and am interested in how people record their experiences of war, but I found this very heavy going. All the best bits seemed to have been picked up in the introduction and I found the editing intrusive. Had I made it to the end, my view might have changed, but I gave up after a couple of hours: and it sits on...
Published on 23 May 2013 by Magherablade

4.0 out of 5 stars LETTERS FROM SOLDIERS, 15 Jan. 2014
I HAD A NEW KINDLE AND THE FIRST BOOK WAS THIS ONE LOVE, TOMMY. WHAT A GREAT READ. SO SAD THAT I CAN ONLY READ A FEW LETTERS THEN HAVE TO TAKE A BREAK. IT GIVES SUCH AN INSIGHT TO WHAT THE SOLDIERS WENT THROUGH.

4.0 out of 5 stars very informative and in some cases extremely sad, 2 July 2013
an interesting collection of genuine letters from soldiers in various wars .. with added footnotes in some instances to say what happened after the letters were sent. i.e did not return from service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderul book, 23 May 2013
I loved this collection as it had a short explanation of the background of the conflicts the writers were involved in and at times made me smile and other times cry. A very touching collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Love Tommy: Letters Home, from the Great War to the Present Day (General Military) (Hardcover)
I normally buy my step-dad terrible presents, but he opened this on Christmas day and couldn't put it down. He's a big fan of war stories and gave the family several extracts throughout the day

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but limited., 25 Sept. 2014
David Robertson "The Wee Flea" (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Interesting collection of letters which is at times quite moving. I found it to be a little repetitive and unless you know the historical context I suspect you would miss a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars An extraordinary Collection on the part of Andrew Roberts and the Imperial War Museum, 6 Nov. 2013
A wonderous insight into the minds of the soldiers of the Great War. Heartbreaking but compulsive reading - I'm on my second reading at the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars it was sad to read the lrtters, 2 Jan. 2013
the book was sad to read the letters but also gave me an insite into what went on in both world war 1 and 2 also how the men felt

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 4 Dec. 2012
Very good reading, good value. Made first class reading, a must for fans of history, read and enjoy, take in all of it

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 16 July 2014
got a bit bored most letters the same

Love Tommy: Letters Home, from the Great War to the Present Day (General Military) by Andrew Roberts & The Imperial War Museum (Hardcover - 20 Sept. 2012)