Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 November 2013
I bought this product for the first time last year, I have found the quality of the 2014 one is just as good if not better. I will definitely be buying future editions. Well recommended. For the price i paid of £4.53 which was even less than the 2013 edition, that works out at about 37 pence for 12 calendar months stargazing information, Its an Absolute bargain!
on 22 March 2014
What can I say? I bought this with my first telescope and it is a miracle. No need to trawl over the internet to find information, its all in the book!

Pros:

Amazing for beginners
Simple to follow instructions on how to find stars and planets
Small size, so its great for travel
Mentions objects of interest and how to find them

Cons:

Not very good for more advanced astronomers

Would recommend to any beginner in the field, its a wonderful starter to get yourself oriented
on 3 February 2014
My father is a keen (binocular using) amateur astronomer and asks for this book every year. Always fantastic and the 20014 is no exception.
on 11 November 2013
I haven't had chance to look at the 2014 book in depth yet, but having bought the book over the past few years, it always contains useful details of the events and sights that are coming up each month, as well as interesting insights into the constellations and the stars, galaxies, etc that they contain.

It also has viewing tips and an impressive 'photo of the month'.
on 25 May 2015
I'm more annoyed at myself so I suppose I'm being a bit unfair only giving this one star. There's nothing wrong with the book - it's just that I got this as a Christmas present for someone, last year and, unfortunately, I was in such a hurry when I bought it, I never noticed that it was the 2014 edition. Seeing as, by that time, it was already the end of October 2014, it wasn't going to be of much use to anyone. So, I had to go back online and look for the 2015 edition. I do feel a little aggrieved that it was still available, at full price, so late in the year, but it's taught me a valuable lesson - don't buy anything if you haven't got time to read the information through at least twice before committing to it!
on 13 June 2014
Delightful book has everything my granddaughter required for her star gazing. She absolutely loves it. She enjoys browsing through whenever she has a spare moment
on 23 April 2014
I was a bit disappointed with this one. The star charts are all based on the assumption that you only observe at 10pm. I also found it frustrating that the small amount of text for each month was spent telling us about the mythology behind the constellation names instead of focusing on what to see and where to see it.

I'd recommend getting a Planisphere instead, which would in my opinion render this book irrelevant. For info on the few meteor showers (and eclipses) that are briefly mentioned just use the Internet.
on 11 February 2014
This book is full of information, giving a clear month by month
Plan of what you can expect to see. At the back there is information on deep sky objects, eclipses, the individual planets, and viewing equipment.
It's suitable for all levels of knowledge and expertise.
on 12 February 2014
Bought as a gift for my husband - he's very pleased with it - very handy to pick up for a quick reference rather then booting up the laptop for the information. Well laid out & relevant information to hand. Good price & quick delivery. A great stocking filler for Christmas.
on 28 December 2013
This is the second year in which I have purchased this item as a gift for my sky-crazy partner. It is compact enought to carry around when needed and yet has all the essential information needed. A bit predictable, perhaps, but no doubt I will get the 2015 version next year