5.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself a fortune and a lot of heartache.
Published on 30 Jan. 2012 by Mick Wall

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable Book, Maybe NOT For Beginner
I am only just starting out into astronomy but to be honest I have found easier books to understand. The pictures, although plentifull are not the best quality of informative. A little bit of knowlege would be an advantage with this book so I'll probably come back to it in 12 months time when I know a little more.
Published on 17 Mar. 2012 by Mr. I. P. Bass

5.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself a fortune and a lot of heartache., 30 Jan. 2012
Mick Wall (Lampeter, Mid Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philip's Stargazing with Binoculars (Paperback)
I bought this book after seeing other recommendations, and I heartily endorse them. I wanted a book to tell me what to look for in binoculars, what to look for in the sky, and how to go about it all. If you are thinking about getting into astronomy, on whatever level, you will not go wrong if you buy and read this book before you do anything else. Like the man says, I already had everything I needed to get started, no purchase necessary! I live in the middle of nowhere, and though the skies are clear, there is no opportunity really to try any gear out locally. Using what I learned from this book I was able to sensibly upgrade my equipment by on-line ordering and am cheerfully making use of the knowledge gained. As with any activity, it is good to have other views and this book does not go into huge detail, but then I would not have understood if it had. Best piece of advice in there is to learn the sky before you do anything else. This book has saved me money, protected me from disappointment and enhanced my enjoyment of the skies.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable Book, Maybe NOT For Beginner, 17 Mar. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Philip's Stargazing with Binoculars (Paperback)
I have several of the titles in this series and this one meets the high standard of all the rest. It is easy to follow and feels like it is aimed exactly at my needs.
I found it easy to read, being not nearly so dry as other books on astronomy that I have read, clear and concise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for amateur astronomers, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Philip's Stargazing with Binoculars (Paperback)
It is a very good book for amateurs astronomers. The descriptions are very clear and contain interesting facts that keep you interested.

4.0 out of 5 stars Star gazing, 28 Jan. 2013
E Day "Libs" (Jersey , Channel Isles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philip's Stargazing with Binoculars (Paperback)
This book came free with the binoculars I purchased for a Christmas Present. Brilliant book to help with the start of star gazing and would have purchased it had it not been free. Excellent book

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice intro to binocular use, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Philip's Stargazing with Binoculars (Paperback)
This is a good short book. I used it for reference toward purchasing binoculars. Since then I have used the other chapters to guide my view of the night sky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and engaging read, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Philip's Stargazing with Binoculars (Paperback)
This was a very informative and engaging read. It is a fairly comprehensive guide for the beginner with plenty of content for more experienced observers too.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Philip's Stargazing with Binoculars (Paperback)
easy to read and follow,very in depth,small enough to take with you where ever you go anywhere in the world.

4.0 out of 5 stars A helpful read, 16 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Philip's Stargazing with Binoculars (Paperback)
I have not finished reading this book but what I have read is useful. I intend to dip into it further as appropriate

Philip's Stargazing with Binoculars
Philip's Stargazing with Binoculars by Robin Scagell (Paperback - 12 Dec. 2011)
Used & New from: £3.35