5.0 out of 5 stars Enabled my child to succeed; yours can too, buy this book!
Published on 14 Jun. 2012 by Ermine5

2.0 out of 5 stars Potty training
Well written informative book, followed instructions to the letter but still not wholly successful with my three year old granddaughter with Aspergers syndrome, still trying.
Published on 16 Oct. 2012 by Swansea girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Enabled my child to succeed; yours can too, buy this book!, 14 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Ready, Set, Potty!: Toilet Training for Children with Autism and Other Developmental Disorders (Paperback)
Initially I felt daunted by the complexity of the toilet training process prescribed by the author. But I am only just beginning to learn about how to develop and enable my son, recently diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Condition, and that's the point... managing the behaviours of a child with autism IS often a complex process, and it often requires detective work and meticulous planning first! I followed the process to the letter, chucking the nappies for my 3 years and 10 months strek user three and a half weeks ago. He now uses the toilet at home, at Nana's, at Speech Therapy, at Pre-School, even the pub! The author's technique avoids the child becoming prompt-dependant, and as a ASD parent, you know how crucial that is if they are to develop independent Self Help skills. Today he rushed from the room saying 'I need a wee', interrupting his most favourite obsession of all time, Ice Age 2 on DVD...now, I call that truly toilet trained! The book includes a process, the preparation required, checklists, hints and tips, the most important of these being to individualise your programme to fit your child's personality, motivators, sensory issues, traits etc. I had despaired of training my boy before school, but the author advises on how to ensure skills are generalised across different environments. I learned lots of other behaviour management techniques, too, which could be applied to the learning of other skill, including behaviour strips, first/then visuals, and how to find motivators for my child. The process was hard work, but it has paid off; I feel really proud of what my son has achieved in just three weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 26 Jun. 2012
I bought this book because I needed some inspiration in toilet training my 4yo son with development delay. I have to say when I started reading it, I was very cynical and it seemed all a bit airy fairy to me. But I followed the rules and within days my son was telling me he needed to go to the toilet. It's completely different to other books I've read as it puts the child's interests at the centre of the training. It takes a bit of setting up before you start the actual training, but don't let that put you off, as it really does work. We are now a few months on and I can't remember the last time we had an accident.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for us..., 6 Mar. 2014
Though my son is still not completely toilet trained, the basic steps here along with help from other professionals have helped get our autistic son out of nappies and into pants during the day at only 3 1/2 years old. We didn't completely follow the plan (we didn't decorate the bathroom, for example), but the book goes into great depth for problem-solving and giving tips with lots of case studies and examples.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tips for parents to make toilet training fun, 18 May 2015
My child isn't autistic but I loved trying out the ideas in this book to help him learn about using the toilet. I picked and chose but it worked so well. A really good read for ANY parent regardless of the child's ability. I have recommended it to all my friends with toddlers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, I an just in the processes of getting ..., 6 July 2014
Excellent, I an just in the processes of getting ready to potty train my son who's nearly 3yrs old who has autuism . I've tried twice but an armed with a lot of good tip and ideas.

2.0 out of 5 stars Potty training, 16 Oct. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 9 Mar. 2014
Excellent book for poy training special needs children
The book said used but it was like brand new!
Brilliant all round :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 8 Jan. 2015
Mr. EEB Miankatu (UK) - See all my reviews
I am struggling a bit to read it but it is OK.

3.0 out of 5 stars not easy to read, 9 Feb. 2013
Recommended by my son's paedatrition, however on first look it's a proper 'book' not alot of pictures, - not the type of 'book' i fancy sitting down in the evening for hours on end reading i must admit....... wanted something more 'helpful' in the day to day of potty training.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Oct. 2014