Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 March 2014
this is a totally honest report of the adoptive process and would be of great value for anyone considering becoming an adoptive parent or any member of the potential adopters family. It was hard to stop reading but clearly too much to take in all at once.I cannot put into words the admiration I have for Sally and Rob and their wonderful achievements
on 27 December 2013
Informative and touching in equal measure. A must for any adoptive parent. One I will go back to again. Thank you
on 6 April 2015
I found this book really helpful. We are still having fertility treatment but strongly considering adoption. The initial descriptions of trying to conceive rang very true with a lot of our experiences and has helped me feel a bit more normal! The book is very honest about the difficulties of adoption but it makes me feel inspired.
on 18 December 2014
This book held me from start to finish...amazing and honest a must read for would be adopters or foster carers
on 24 September 2013
A tear-jerking, powerful and emotional read.
Sally has allowed a very personal journey to be documented that will help so many people understand in some way what children go through when moving to their "forever family" and the effects on the entire family.
Thank you Sally and family for sharing this.
on 16 April 2015
Read in a few days. Fantastic account of adoption, the loss of old identidy and the emergence of a new family, warts and all. Social services and extended family,, absolutely loved this book... Thank you for writing it Sally donavon. Made me laugh, well up and reminisce of the good and bad times our family have had.
on 7 July 2015
As prospective adopters this book has given us a great insight into what life can be like as an adoptive parent. Really down to earth writing and lots of it I could really relate to. I love how honest the writing is. A book that I will be passing on to friends and family as I feel this is invaluable.
on 4 December 2014
A very honest, heartfelt and completely captivating book. I couldn't stop reading and shed many tears. A brilliant introduction to therapeutic parenting and a must read for anyone involved in adoption, would also recommend to family and friends of those who have adopted or are in the process.
on 30 December 2014
Great as a novel, but even more informative when you are going through the adoption process
on 21 July 2014
As a foster carer this book really helped me look for the light at the end of the tunnel. Children are often judged by others especially adults and it shows if you stand your ground and not accept the unfairness of their situation they can be helped to achieve successful lives.