5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful tool in our parenting toolbox!
Published 17 months ago by Dawn Murray

3.0 out of 5 stars It helped my autistic son to learn some tactics to ...
It helped my autistic son to learn some tactics to deal with his anxieties. However I believe some parts of the book had negative impact on my son and wasn't helpful.
Published 3 months ago by ali

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful tool in our parenting toolbox!, 28 July 2013
This review is from: The Panicosaurus: Managing Anxiety in Children Including Those with Asperger (K.I. Al-Ghani Children's Colour Story Books) (Hardcover)
I received this book yesterday and have read it several times with both my 6 year old and 3 year old since. My six year old does not have an Aspergers diagnosis, but exhibits several traits. As a teacher and parent, I have to say that this book is a fantastic tool, not just for children with Aspergers but for any young child who has ever struggled with anxiety. We have spent today building our own panicosaurus boxes and creating our own 'Silly Panicosaurus' books. I have noticed that both of my children are choosing to use the breathing exercises and their panicosaurus boxes at times of anxiety. The book is wonderful for giving children the vocabulary to voice how anxiety is affecting them and in helping them combat their inner 'panicosaurus'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panicosaurus book, 25 Mar 2014
I bought this book as I work at primary school and I loved the way that anxiety is put into perspective. The root of it is placed in the amygdala in the brain - so children can understand better why they feel anxious when they do. The explanation is put into a story which the children can understand. A great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good book!, 9 Feb 2013
I bought this book for my 7 year old son who has Autism and suffers from anxiety :( We have read it several times and loved the illustrations alongside the story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 Jan 2014
I bought this as a present because I already have a copy and love it. I've used it with plenty of children who respond really well to it and also shared it with their parents, who have all given positive feedback about using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars helpful book, 31 Mar 2014
We bought this book to try and help our son who has ASD and anxiety issues. It seems to help. The story is a little long for him. But he loves dinosaurs so having a panicosaurus helps him focus and cope.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant books to help kids understand, 24 Mar 2014
Excellent purchase makes understanding anxiety for kids easy plus strategies in the back of the book and is perfect if your childs on the autistic spectrum. It helps to define and understand a feeling

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 19 May 2013
this book is a revelation both boys could identify with it, both boys enjoyed it even though my 1 son does not have aspergers would recommend it to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Banish the panic, 13 Nov 2014
K.I. Al-Ghani has done it again! A great idea and a very welcome addition to our collection of emotional literacy books. Some of our pupils with Asperger Syndrome have responded so positively to the idea of the Panicosaurus that they have begun coping well with school situations that had seemed on a downward spiral. My own daughter, who is 20 and who has suffered with anxiety attacks for years read it with me when I went to collect my own copy from a bookshop and said "oh mum I wish I had had this book when I was growing up!"

It goes without saying that every SEN department should own several well used copies but really this is a book that could usefully be read and worked on in classrooms everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 April 2014
All children should hear about the panicosaurus in fact we all should maybe life would just be that little easier. My kids loved it and I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful reading, 25 May 2013
Has been useful to myself and colleagues very very educational. I liked it how the section were broke up for you and the child