5.0 out of 5 stars Can I Tell You About Selective Mutism.
Excellent book for all practitioners and parents, told from the child's view. A must for anyone new to selective mutism.
Published 18 months ago by michelle

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing for me
Maybe it's a good book when you don't know anything at all yet about selective mutism, but for me it was a bit too summarily...
Published on 13 Dec 2012 by inge Vandamme

5.0 out of 5 stars Can I Tell You About Selective Mutism., 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: Can I Tell You About Selective Mutism?: A Guide for Friends, Family and Professionals (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Help for my daughter, 12 Feb 2013
My daughter who is 7 has SM, this book has helped her, myself and the family to understand it more.Her name is Hannah and she is showing it to her teachers and friends with a sense of pride as if she wrote it herself. The School and some of her friends have read the book.
This is an excellent book for a young person with SM and is easy to read. As it won't take long to read I was able to pass it round the family to ask them to read it also.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 14 Nov 2012
The book is great and useful for kids who are living with SM. It is easy to understand and it helps the parents and other adults to understand how the child might feel.
Although the package was open when I received it but I suppose it was done during the delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 May 2014
Although this book is an introduction as a professional I learnt a lot about selective mutism. I would recommend anyone to buy this as it is a good start book for those who have an interesting in learning about mutism.

4.0 out of 5 stars A child's eye view, 20 Mar 2014
I had not expected this to be a book FOR children- perhaps I didn't read the info thoroughly. It is very clear in the explanantions, given from the point of view of a child, in the first person. I am considering offering this to my SM student and asking her to annotate- agree, disagree, don't know etc. At least it should provoke 'discussion'!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Read!, 1 Feb 2014
I am an adult selective mute who works as a teaching assistant in a mainstream school (my SM doesn't really affect me in work, only outside work) and I have a child with Selective Mutism within the classroom, I read this book and could relate to a lot of it's content, as a result I have now passed it on to other members of staff who have found it very helpful in helping the child. The content is easy to understand and is not to 'full on' or heavy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 19 Oct 2013
I have a child in my class who is a selective mute and this book has given me some great ideas. Very helpful and useful

4.0 out of 5 stars useful to explain the condition, 28 May 2013
An easy to follow guide book with personal experiences. Very helpful to help explain to people who may have a family member with this condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for young and older kids, 22 Nov 2012
Lovely little books which explain SELECTIVE MUTISM, good to use in school with kids, or at home with your child.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing for me, 13 Dec 2012