on 23 September 2012
I work with an autistic child and I wanted to share with how funny language is. We love reading this book together and share in its humour or words and pictures.
on 12 October 2012
Dear Michael,

Your book is the best thing since sliced bread. [MENTAL PICTURE OF SLICED BREAD HERE]; meaning: It is very good.

I would probably describe myself as more neurotypical than ASD, as I use metaphors frequently to help me understand the world and how things work. I was able to recognise times when language has caused me some difficulties. Your book particularly had meaning for me when you were talking about school. I think I was very misunderstood, especially with statements like 'wipe that smile off your face' and I did, and I did get told off by the teacher. I did learn the meaning of these metaphors, though I continue to this day (51yrs of age) to have mental pictures and decide the meaning from the most suitable image. Sometimes I verbalise my thoughts. Sometimes to the amusement of my audience and sometimes they just look at me as if I'm nuts. [MENTAL PICTURE OF NUTS, AS IN FRUIT AND NUT]; meaning: Mentally subnormal. I usually know and understand the correct meaning, but will make a joke of it, as it triggers the strange images.

I have a diagnosis of being mildly dyslexic, which will account for my creative methods of dealing with language, and I can recognise some traits within my family of both ASD and Dyslexia.

Thank you for writing this book. I would recommend it to anyone really, but it would probably be better understood by people on the ASD, Dyslexic or any other similar cognition, or those who either work, live or are associated with people like us.

Because of reading your book I will now try new ways to use my skills and tallents as you are doing with your physics. I trust you will do well.

Regards
on 24 July 2013
It's Raining Cats and Dogs: An Autism Spectrum Guide to the Confusing World...
Bought for someone else. They abosultely loved this book. They said,
very well put together and highly recommended. Sorry can't say much more
than that.
on 14 January 2014
Brilliant for our son who enjoys the pictures explaining the various sayings. Would particularly suit aspies trying to fit in.
on 11 February 2015
Brilliant book for teaching children with ASC about idioms. Great visual presentation and clear to understand.
on 4 September 2013
Great little book, so apt for any aspergers child our grandson LOVED it and refers to it as his 'joke' book!
on 8 February 2015
It really is great I got it for my 7year old brother and I think it has really helped him understand idioms
on 28 February 2016
Brilliant book, explains our peculiar and confusing sayings clearly. Every school should have copies!
on 3 May 2015
A great cartoon book explaining some of the daft sayings. You'll be surprised how many there are.
on 10 January 2015
A wonderful book. A present for my autistic grandson