5.0 out of 5 stars At last now I know what to do to help my son........
Published on 1 Jun. 2011 by OrganicGreen

3.0 out of 5 stars Good - but does it really help you?
It was an excellent book to help us confirm our daughter is almost certainly ADHD (even though the school reported she was fine - a common problem with girls according to the book). But whilst it helps you understand WHAT she might do and WHY, it doesn't really help you be more patient (other parents no doubt appreciate how patient you need to be with such children).
Published 6 months ago by Pete

5.0 out of 5 stars At last now I know what to do to help my son........, 1 Jun. 2011
OrganicGreen "Knowledge is King and books a g... (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Step by Step Help for Children with ADHD: A Self-Help Manual for Parents (Paperback)
This book is good. My son has ADD and which means that his attention is very bad and much noticable at school. I read the sections relevant to this and found it invaluable. It lets you know what practically and easy things you can do as a busy parent to help your child behave and have better attention. I was already doing alot mentioned in the book but it was good to see that I was going along the right track. I used this book to work out my own treatment/activity that I can easily do with my son to help with his attention.

I learnt who having play time with my son can help build his attention, social skills and also his self-esteme.

It is written by doctors and consultants nurses that really know about the condition. The books explaines how best any parent can help their child. They even explain how best a parent who has ADHD themselves (as ADHD runs in families) can support their child.

Also recomment ADHD (The Facts)

5.0 out of 5 stars ADHD book, very helpful, 14 Dec. 2013
Thanks - this is a very helpful book, full of sensible ideas and top tips for parents to try with their children

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book as a parenting "course", 16 Dec. 2012
Many parents have enjoyed borrowing this book. It presents itself as a six step parenting course in a way. Parents have really enjoyed its bullet point succinct style.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good - but does it really help you?, 1 Jan. 2015
Pete (London, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A helpful tool to have, 18 Jun. 2014
A good help guide for families looking after children with ADHD we are learning a lot from this book glad we found it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Jan. 2015
Helped my out good service.

Step by Step Help for Children with ADHD: A Self-Help Manual for Parents
Step by Step Help for Children with ADHD: A Self-Help Manual for Parents by Cathy Laver-Bradbury (Paperback - 15 July 2010)