1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Read, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Franco's International Brigades: Adventurers, Fascists, and Christian Crusaders in the Spanish Civil War (Paperback)
I do not usually pick up books about war but I have to say, I loved this book, given to me by a friend and read with low expectations as, I didnt expect to like a book about war, I could not put it down.

I really gained a keen insight into the stratagem behind the face of a war, the style of writing I like very much from the author, his use of words that really take you to the place and give you good visual imagery and feeling.

The horror of war, the bravery of the people involved and their personal stories as to why they are there I find fascinating, the fact that this book tells the story of those whose story has not really been heard and their involvement was always 'played down' is of course, intriging and enlightening.

A lot of research must of gone into this book, for me personally, the book has given me a keen interest in the subject of war and I am actually looking to buy some more books now about other wars. (any suggestions welcome)