4.0 out of 5 stars An adequate steampunk collection.
Briefly; there are 30 short stories running to 485 pages; for authors and titles see the "look inside" option on the product page.
Published on 29 Aug 2012 by J. Mcdonald

3.0 out of 5 stars Great to get a mixture of styles.
Big book! I do not read fiction very often but love 'Steampunk' so thought i would give this a try. I enjoyed a few storys but it didn't hold me enough to pick the book back up after putting it down.

The 3 star rating was not because it was bad but just not my cup of tea i found out.
Published 21 months ago by Hakkattack

4.0 out of 5 stars An adequate steampunk collection., 29 Aug 2012
J. Mcdonald "Yelochre" (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Steampunk (Mammoth Books) (Paperback)
This is a slightly thinner volume than the "Mammoth" anthologies I`ve previously perused, but it's not a bad little collection; all the usual clichés are present and correct; alternative historical worlds, goggles, airships, strong female characters - and a few lesbians (not complaining, mind) - automatons and scientists all featured in various combinations and permutations.
There are no real stand-outs here; there are a couple of stories that are a little tenuous for the Steampunk category, about three stories I found dull and uninspired, but largely I found it to be an enjoyable collection, quite a reasonable introduction to the genre if you haven`t already discovered it.
Not great literature, but entertaining, amusing, often well-researched or just plain daft; that description could of course apply to any science fiction collection, but this is the Steampunk variety. Worth a shot at its current price.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good sample across the range, 16 Dec 2012
If you are into Steampunk, you should like this collection, I'm about half way through and like to dip in to it as the mood takes me.
Some of the story's are a good read some are not so good and can be a bit strange.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great to get a mixture of styles., 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Steampunk (Mammoth Books) (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 13 Oct 2014
had a computer breakdown and lost it, how do i get it back

5.0 out of 5 stars Yaaay, 3 May 2013
This is a really great compendium of stories
Great for someone who might want to get into the genre or fans of fantasy writing

1.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to cliche corner, 7 Sep 2012
M. King (Preston, England) - See all my reviews
I must have misunderstood steampunk in the few very good novels I've read because I thought I knew what it was.

But this collection of stories has set me straight. Its about airships and lesbians. Lots and lots of airships and lesbians.

The stories, some of which are very well written, blur into one humungous bore fest by the end the the book.

Hours of my life I'll never get back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book of short stories, 24 Dec 2012
A book of short stories by various authors and with various degrees of success. Sadly there were more Misses than there were Hits among the stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really very entertaining, 28 Aug 2012
Robert (Uxbridge, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I am not a steampunk fan and bought this because it was cheap. What a bargain! There was only one story I really disliked and one other I found boring. But the rest did keep me reading and noting the authors names for future purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stories, 15 April 2012
An enjoyable collection of stories, some of them mildly thought-provoking. Still not sure I understand what steampunk is, but I would recommend this book to anyone curious.

The Mammoth Book of Steampunk (Mammoth Books)
The Mammoth Book of Steampunk (Mammoth Books) by Sean Wallace (Paperback - 5 April 2012)