Format: PaperbackChange

on 4 June 2010
While this Amelia outing was as always quite entertaining it lacks the panache of her other books, for the first time I did not devour this at one sitting. Perhaps it is almost time for Amelia and Emerson to hang up their boots and enjoy their twilight years happily harassing all and sundry wherever they be. I for one would like to see the threads joining this series and the Vicki Bliss stories brought to an elegant conclusion.
on 4 June 2010
not as good as her others. It was quite shallow and did not have much of a plot line, the impression I have received is that she has run out of ideas for Amelia & Emerson, they were not as dreadful as they usually are.
on 25 December 2012
I read all of these books years ago, and was delighted to find them on Kindle. They are just as amusing as I thought them then and at least they attempt to show an Egypt we can believe in and I took kindly to the characters and still enjoy them
on 10 July 2012
I love Amelia & her family & was thrilled to see one more title. Unfortunately this flattered to deceive as it was thin on the ground plotwise & lacking in suspense. I hope the next attempt at an 'infill' will have more punch.
on 5 March 2014
Have read all of this authoresses Amelia Peabody books, they are excellent entertainment, amusing, historically interesting,
she is the best as far as I am concerned, would recommend to anyone interested in Egyptology etc.
on 14 December 2013
I am mad about Egypt and its history and to have such wonderful characters and animals just makes its perfect. I have them all on my Kindle and would now like to have the actual books as I would read them again.
on 30 January 2013
This takes some getting used to, because it has to be fitted into its correct chronological slot in the Peabody/Emerson family saga. But it is vintage Elizabeth Peters - well worth reading!
on 3 October 2015
Another winner from Elizabeth Peters. Thoroughly enjoyed this whole series of books and was saddened to hear there would be no more Amelia books for me to read.
on 16 July 2013
This book fills in some of the missing years from the Peabody saga. Elizabeth Peters manages to take us back without any slips of continuity - that I spotted.
on 23 June 2013
I always enjoy books written by this author and this book
is no exception. Once you have read one of her books
You have to read them all.