Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 October 2013
Another self help book which is well worth reading. It's about developing kindness and compassion and developing meaningful and caring relationships. Definitely worth reading.
on 22 July 2013
As a counsellor have known of Compassion Focused Therapy for some time, but reading about it from the originator of the therapy brought it to life. Insightful and inspiring.
on 7 May 2013
Very well written book would recommend it to open your eyes and it had a great calming effect on my partner who i thought suffered mood swings that turned out to be Asperges
on 22 July 2013
enjoying this entertaining, informative and inspirational book, Gilbert is able to communicate complex ideas with ease, he semms both a great writer and skilled therapist.
on 22 December 2013
Thank you so very much to Paul Gilbert. This book has helped me a lot in activating my compassionate brain. Love the compassionate letter writing to a younger self
on 14 February 2014
A weighty book, haven’t had time to wade through all of it. Doesn’t seem too onerous e.g. well written but not inspiring.
on 10 June 2013
Excellent advice and explaination of common humanity.If you want to feel normal despite having difficulties and find practical ways to help, give this a try.
on 23 January 2015
It is a book I dip in and out of. Not really the type I can clearly rate. I am enjoying it and guess t will help me understand things in a different way.
on 8 December 2015
I don't normally review books but I must say that this particular book is possibly one of the most turgid reads of all time. Not that I disagree with the author, but the way it is written and the unstructured nature of the book are a sight to behold. Whoever did the editing on this book needs to have a time out with the boss. The book is astonishingly long for a book with a relatively simple premise. I feel it could have been condensed to 200 pages with decent editing. The chapters are really repetitive. The style of writing insults the readers intelligence to an extent. I felt like an alzheimers patient reading this bad boy. I couldn't finish it, but read 300-400 pages.
on 23 June 2014
This book is great I done group therapy and it was based on this book, so I found it to read to help myself further and others, deffo recommend