5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a must for anyone suffering from anxiety
Having suffered for many years from anxiety and thinking it was quite "normal" to feel that way, this book was a revelation. It is very easy to understand, it explains in a most simple way the reasons anxiety is such a problem for some people and not for others. In a step by step form it takes the reader through a process of self help and self understanding...
Published on 1 Mar 2002 by Susan Bone (boneysjoint@aol.com)

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading title
The content of this book is mostly focussed on anxiety in workplace situtations and is not very helpful for those that do not work. e.g. housewives, retirees, etc.

Some of the exercises are useful and could be adapted for use by others but it could potentially put off those that don't immediately see how the narrative applies to them.
Published on 11 April 2009 by Corinne Harris

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite interesting, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Overcoming Anxiety (Paperback)
I would not rave about this book, it is too general so the parts any one person might wish to home in on are not sufficiently deep and detailed enough to be of great benefit. I would say this is more of an overview of the whole anxiety spectrum and might actually be of more use to a helper or partner of an anxious person

4.0 out of 5 stars Overcoming Anxiety Helpful advice, 20 July 2012
Was recommended to read by my CBT therapist (IBS relief) was certainly a very useful read and would recommend to others

4.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 17 Jan 2012
This review is from: Overcoming Anxiety: A Self-Help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques (Paperback)
My wife found this book interesting , usefull and quite helpful.
Although my wife does not normally sit and read she was able to do so with this book

5.0 out of 5 stars GP recomended to read, 15 Nov 2011
This was recomended by my sons doctor to read, to understand his depression and how ot deal with it..He says it has been very helpful, good delivery and packaging..

5.0 out of 5 stars ANXIETY CAN BE BEATEN, 2 Aug 2011
As a suffer of mental anxiety and depression I am always looking out for new books on this subject. This book helps me in so many ways. A great addition and one which can be read over and over again

3.0 out of 5 stars Understanding Anxiety, 8 April 2011
Had hoped that I would have a better understanding of anxiety, but perhaps I just need to read it again. There is quite a lot of work to do in 'Overcoming Anxiety' e.g. keeping a diary, asking yourself a lot of questions and making notes and I'm not sure that I can apply the rules of the book when feeling anxious or even after the event. May need to investigate other alternative, coping techniques, once I've re-read the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reassured, 10 Sep 2010
Having gone through CBT for Depression with great success, I turned to this book when I realised Anxiety was proving a problem. Just hit the right note with me. Quite hard to digest, but very helpful - and I'm getting better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting Yourself Together, 27 Aug 2010
I bought a copy last year on the recommendation of a CB Teacher. It's been a great help. You don't have to read it all in one go, in fact a few pages at a time was much better for me. You don't have to read it in page order. Just let it fall open and you'll find something for you within a paragraph or two. I lent my first copy to a friend who was having the some problems with his boss. I didn't expect to see it again so I bought myself another copy.

Found out last month his wife had bought herself a copy too so they could discuss his recovery.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good start in overcoming anxiety, 12 July 2009
This review is from: Overcoming Anxiety (Paperback)
My therapist recommended this to me, and i certainly found it did help. Whilst not all of the book was relevent or useful to me, i can easily see how it would be for others. Although it was nothing new to me, everything was well explained and easy to follow. Obviously a book can never replace professional help but it certainly works well with it and is a great resource for going over what has already been said to you in a session, i'm glad i brought this book as it certainly did help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Self Help Book, 1 May 2009
Diane (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Overcoming Anxiety (Paperback)
Very informative with lots of stuff that is easy to relate to. Exercises are well thought out and it is written in an easy to understand format. This is the second book that I have purchased in this series and I have not been disappointed in either.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›