5.0 out of 5 stars Definite 5 star book!
When I buy a book of short stories, I always do it with some trepidation, because more often than not, only a few prove to be readable, and help me find new authors to follow up on.

Published on 28 Jan 2010 by ImReallyAnElf

3.0 out of 5 stars MIxed lot
Published 17 months ago by cherryred

5.0 out of 5 stars Definite 5 star book!, 28 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance (Paperback)

This book is amazing, because there isn't a single story that fails to be readable, though The Walled Garden by Michele Lang seemed more like a paranormal fantasy than a time travel fantasy to me, and I wasn't particularly keen on Steam by Jean Johnson with its coy references to a personal sex act. (!)

Out of 20 stories, I think 18 super ones and 2 passable is a very good buy. Go for it!

4.0 out of 5 stars THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF TIME TRAVEL ROMANCE, 3 Mar 2010
JULIE MCDONOUGH "American Girl" (Galway, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance (Paperback)
I really liked this book. It has everything a Time travel enthusiast would love. The time travel was different (in a good way) to what I was expecting. The only thing that does not give it 5 stars is that there are too many stories in the book (each story was not long enough).
I would love to read more good time travel books like this as one story or a small collection of stories.
Also would like to read more from each author individually. Thanks to the authors who wrote them and to all who put the stories together. I would encourge all to read this book to get a good taste of time travel stories.

'Cheers' let's get more time travel stories!!

5.0 out of 5 stars intriguing, 1 Aug 2013
Mrs. Eleanor Stillwell (Amersham, Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
The whole book was riveting. I read it on holiday and could not put it down. When i finished one story i could not wait to start the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kept me happy for awhile, 19 July 2013
I have read all of the mammoth books and this one did not disappoint I love short stories so this is just what I wanted

3.0 out of 5 stars MIxed lot, 12 Jun 2013
This is a colection of stories some of which I would rate as more stars and some less. There seemed to be a lot of sex and little romance. I prefer more science in my time travelling and plots have that some logic as to where and when the time travelling happens. Many of the stories are totally implausible as if the author could not be bothered to think up a decent ending. One or two of them I did like but I think I will stick to science fiction in future.

3.0 out of 5 stars time travel romance, 27 April 2013
plenty stories but some were a bit over the top for me but I like these mammoth books a lot

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading, 28 Mar 2013
N. J. Powell (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a book full of easy reading romances with a twist of time travel which leaves one wishing if only.

3.0 out of 5 stars Time travel, 27 Mar 2013
Enjoyed book, liked short stories but eventually got a little bored with the sameness of each story a bit too much !

3.0 out of 5 stars Mammoth book of Time travel, 13 Mar 2013
L. M. Ingle "Lea." (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
I have an ardent Sci Fi fan's interest, in the idea of time travel and having read the Time Traveler's Wife, I thought these would be similar. I was a little disappointed, in that the romance aspect tended to be more prominent, than the plot which often seemed to stop short and so I felt uncertain, as to whether there was a life in the future. otherwise an interesting read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some good, some not so, 11 Mar 2013
I think there are too many stories in this compilation. Some were very well written and enjoyable and I could have read more about the characters and others were just not as compelling or as well written.

The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance
The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance by Various (Paperback - 29 Oct 2009)