5.0 out of 5 stars More than an excellent cook book....., 12 July 2013
This review is from: Fiori di Zucca: Recipes and Memories from My Family's Kitchen Table (Hardcover)
This beautifully presented book is a history of family cooking around the kitchen table as a young girl growing up n a daily that love food and wonderful recipes that you will love to cook. A beautiful book to read over and over again - a real discovery and a wonderful gift for new cooks and experienced cooks alike. Lovely family photos transport you to a home filled with exciting traditional recipes each one passed down through generations of good cooks. A real find

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful book, which I read cover to cover over ..., 8 July 2014
Absolutely beautiful book, which I read cover to cover over a weekend. It inspires you to get into the kitchen and create some beautiful dishes. Valentina Harris recipes seem easy to follow and understand too, which helps regardless of how complex the recipe.

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband loves it!, 20 Sep 2013
Bought this for my cooking loving husband. Since he retired he's been like having my very own chef and so I like to encourage him by buying good books. This one is different because it is also about the authors family in Italy and I often find him reading and enjoying the book. Result!

5.0 out of 5 stars cookery book with a difference., 24 Aug 2013
The memories of the writer added to the tasty recipes, make this a very interesting and readable book- certainly not one that will be left on the shelf!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminiscences and family recipes, 22 Aug 2013
E. Dalton - See all my reviews
Valentina Harris' cookbooks are always infused with a wonderfully evocative prose. This is no exception.

In this volume she tells the story of her remarkable family, aristocratic connections, political activism and exile. The recipes reflect the peripatetic life led by members of her family, ranging from turkish bulgar, pomegranate and almond salad, through bouillabaisse and Brown Betty to lavender scones and rose petal jam.

Of course, being a Valentina Harris cookbook, there are also Italian receipes such as the delicious fiori di zucca (lightly battered, ricotta-stuffed courgette flowers) which give the book its title.

If it is an Italian cookbook by Valentina Harris which you are seeking, then Risotto! Risotto! 80 Recipes and All the Know-how You Need to Make Italy's Famous Rice Dish or Valentina's 4 Seasons Cookbook, would be a better choice. However, if you would enjoy a melange of family history and varied recipes, then this would be an excellent choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthwile recipe book to own, 12 July 2013
This book by one of my favourite Cooks ( I attended one of her cookery schools in Italy in 2002) has some delicious rcipes, which I will surely try out in the near future.

Fiori di Zucca: Recipes and Memories from My Family's Kitchen Table
Fiori di Zucca: Recipes and Memories from My Family's Kitchen Table by Valentina Harris (Hardcover - 6 Jun 2013)