5.0 out of 5 stars Overall good...
A book written for busy parents who often struggle to find time to cook good, wholesome and tasty food for their family but in reality this is equally suitable for anyone with a hectic lifestyle or for somebody who just wants to get started with this cooking lark.

Despite speed and simplicity being the key for recipes in this book, quality is not sacrificed and...
Published on 6 Mar. 2013 by I. Darren

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stand out from the crowd.
A few good recipes but nothing to write home about.
Published 7 months ago by Kerri Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Madhouse Cookbook: Delicious Recipes for the Busy Family Kitchen (Hardcover)
This book has some great recipes, I can highly recommend it!
The quinoa, beet root, sweet potato salad is easy to do, quick, tastes gorgeous and goes with anything, ie salmon, lamb or chicken!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The recipes are simple and easy to follow giving plenty of inspiration to cook, 17 April 2015
I have a family of fussy eaters. The recipes are simple and easy to follow giving plenty of inspiration to cook. Lovely book which I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easter ~Gift, 10 May 2014
Bought for my daughter who loves Jo Pratt's recipes. Gave it to her for Easter and she has already used it for several meals

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy recipes, 27 Mar. 2015
Bought this as a friend has it and I love a lot of the recipes. I've used about 10 recipes so far and gave enjoyed them all

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm - good but my expectations were off!, 21 Feb. 2013
Not sure how I feel about this one yet.

I have jo's other 2 books (in the mood for food and in the mood for entertaining) and I love both. I regularly get them out to drool over and have had a lot of success with the recipes. Had I not got these books I'd have instantly loved this latest one.

I'm a mum that likes to cook. I've got a collection of family style books (Fay ripley being queen bee here) and a collection of "grown up" books. Jo's first books fit the latter I'd say and I think I was hoping the new one would be more along the lines of the others too.

As a family cookbook this will give Fay a run for her money. It's jam packed with ideas and tips alongside the actual recipes. The recipes for families look great. I can see me using a lot of these already.

I just hoped it would be a bit more indulgent with some posh options I suppose, carrying on from the previous 2.

I've not cooked anything yet but I fully expect the recipes to work well as jo's always do.

I think for me, this book will add to my family collection but when we have friends over or I want something special for 2, I will refer to her previous books. These really are my favourite cookery books and I have over 200!

4.0 out of 5 stars not too busy to cook, 19 Feb. 2013
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Too busy to cook? Life too stressful? Jo is here to help you cope. If you are juggling work and home, you need some help to find the time to prepare nutritious meals in minutes. She's got mini recipes, easy recipes and brilliant plan-ahead tips. Organise your life and get into the kitchen to provide your family with the staples they need.

The book is split into three chapters - 'Monday to Friday Survival' is all about quick and easy. I love the ideas. 'Busy Weekends' with lots of ideas for fun makes and bakes with the kids and 'Cling Onto Your Social Life' with simple entertaining ideas.

This book is full of recipes that you'll use since it has ideas for all the family. There's lots of photos in the book but not every recipe is photographed. It is not exclusively for vegetarians nor gluten free. I love the sensible balance of main meal to dessert, in the first chapter 47 pages versus 12 although this is not as balanced in the following two chapters, which didn't seem as well organized to me. So many cookery books I have reviewed lately are just desserts - we do have to eat a main meal first. Great for all the family. this review first appeared on welovefinefoods website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Mar. 2013
I have all of Jo Pratts books & love them all. This is perfect for me & my busy family kitchen. It's full of tasty, quick & simple recipes. It's really helped with some much needed inspiration from being stuck in a bit of food rutt. My children love the recipes. Thank you Jo!

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stand out from the crowd., 28 Aug. 2014
Kerri Robinson (Stoke-on-Trent, England) - See all my reviews
A few good recipes but nothing to write home about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 3 Mar. 2013
Really thrilled with this book. Very inspiring. Even better than her last two books. Everything I have made so far has been a real success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 15 April 2013
Excellent book! It is just as beautiful as Jo's other cookbooks, but more importantly a perfect book for families with small children. I started tagging the recipes I wanted to use, but stopped when I realized I was tagging every page. I have hundreds of cook books and this when straight to my top favourites.

Madhouse Cookbook: Delicious Recipes for the Busy Family Kitchen