5.0 out of 5 stars All the family love this book, 9 May 2013
S. K. Moore "Mummy of 3" (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dr Duck (Hardcover)
My twins have just turned 4 so were given Dr Duck to read, although my 8 yr old son loved this book too! It is a large hardback book and you can see from the the picture below the size of it in my hand. It is a really solid book but at 10.99 it is slightly higher price for it, although there is a paperback version of it at only 6.99

When I started reading it to my twins we were immediately drawn in by the bright colours and large pictures. The animals are friendly and funny looking and my twins sat there and listened to the whole story. Now in this story there is some very funny moments! Imagine a Gorilla with pants so tight he ends up with alot of stinky gas trapped and a porcupine having to come to the rescue with the help of Dr Duck! Sounds strange but the whole story has some very funny lines and had all of my family laughing alot! I ended up laughing to myself when their Grandma was given the story to read one day, I just waiting until she got to the funny parts and listened to them all laughing at the story! Nothing better than hearing them all giggling.

The layout is lovely as some pages needed turning other ways to read or open out extra pages. I really enjoyed reading this book and will carry on reading it for many years to come.

It would make a fantastic present for a child and I can assure you they will love it! We certainly did!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun Book perfect for all!, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Dr Duck (Hardcover)
We have a 3 and a 5 year old who loves this Book, and also a Mummy and a Daddy. It is so much fun and so nice to read!

My two love this book and it has been gotten out over and over again! It is Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Pre-School Book, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Dr Duck (Hardcover)
My two small children love this book. It is a funny book and had my little boy (4 years old) in fits off laughter. Lovely detail throughout the book. It is a firm favourite in our household. Lots of animals and bright colours that keep your child engaged in the story. I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Dr Duck! Great book., 30 April 2013
This review is from: Dr Duck (Paperback)
This is our two year old's favourite book at the moment so we have been reading it over and over (and over and over), so it is lucky that I enjoy reading it too. It is a quirky story about zoo animals and their ailments, enhanced by bright colourful illustrations. The illustrations are great as they add to the entertainment. We particularly love the animal houses on the first page, the large fold out giraffe with a sore neck and the big elephant fold out sneeze at the end. The fold outs definitely add to the excitement of the book.

I would definitely recommend this book for little ones as it is entertaining, it involves zoo animals (always a hit) and it has a funny story line that will grab their attention. We love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Duck - Very Funny, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Dr Duck (Paperback)
Dr Duck has a busy day curing the various ailments in the zoo and it starts when Porcupine sneezes and loses all her quills. Dr Duck works hard to make his patients feel better in the best way a Dr Duck can do.

This is a really fun book with colourful pictures and a surprise pull-out ending. We enjoyed spotting the zoo animals and guessing who would be unwell next. The book also had us laughing out loud.

Dr Duck is aimed at children aged 3 and over. I'd say that's about right and an easy book for first readers to read themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book that children will love!, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Dr Duck (Paperback)
The story is about a bunch of poorly animals at the zoo and the keeper calls Dr Duck to come and make them all better. There is one animal in particular who has a rather smelly and unpleasant problem - Gorilla has wind! When Dr Duck's solution causes a problem, only porcupine can save the day!

My 4 year old son absolutely loved this story (as did we!). The naughtiness certainly appealed to him and he thought it was very funny. It is a lovely story to read as it has lots of rhyming and the illustrations are excellent.

I think this book would appeal to children of all ages, particularly boys, as what child doesn't find trumping funny?!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that should be on everyone child's bookshelf!, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Dr Duck (Paperback)
Wow what a fantastic book! My 1 and 3 year plus myself loved it and laughed throughout. The rhyming text is brilliant it keeps you reading at a lively pace and helps the children to predict the next words. There are many animals that are ill but it is great to see that porcupine and hyena are - more unusual animals in stories. The part about gorilla and his troubles is superb. The illustrations are fantastic and colourful and we all like the way that on some pages you had to turn the book or have a flap to open. Keeps everyone entertained, great story and lots to keep you talking about. Definitely recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars bottom related giggles and sneezy snot!, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Dr Duck (Hardcover)
In my daughters words, she loves this book because "the gorilla has got funny green bottom wind and the elephant has got sneezy snot"!!! What more can I say?! When I first read this book my initial thought was "gross" which is of course why this book has quickly become a firm favourite in my daughters eyes. From a parents point of view the bits I like are the detail in the pictures which leads to lots of conversation and describing words with my 3 year old and the rhyming layout. After just a couple of days my daughter is able to join in and finish off the sentences.

I would recommend this book to any parent who can handle the loud 'blowing off' conversations and giggles that come with anything slightly bottom related in the world of a small child!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Duck (hardcover), 15 April 2013
This review is from: Dr Duck (Paperback)
Dr Duck tells the story of a duck who treats all the poorly animals in the zoo. Both of my boys (1&4) really enjoyed reading the book. The illustrations are vibrant, with lots to look at on each page. The rhyming nature of the story is good, especially for my 4 year old who likes to memorise the story and then finish off the sentences for me. I asked him what his favourite part was and he said "Dr Duck because he makes everyone better" and "the gorilla because he does smelly trumps". I think this will appeal to any child who has a cheeky sense of humour! We have read this book several times already and have only had it a week

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read !, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Dr Duck (Paperback)
My 4 year old son and I really enjoyed this book, the illustrations of the animals were great and very realistic in a colourful kind of way, it was also very fun trying to spot the little details like the penguin with a plaster on its bottom from the porcupine spike.
There were some great new words for us to discuss and brilliant rhyming. I especially liked the fact that the book discussed even the embarrassing topics of a farting gorilla and a snotty sneezy elephant in such a light hearted manner.
I definitely recommend this book for the well and the poorly.

Dr Duck
Dr Duck by Steve Smallman (Paperback - 1 April 2013)
5.24