4.0 out of 5 stars A review - by my 4 year old son, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Duck Says Don't (Paperback)
This book is really good and very funny. It is about a duck that is left in charge of a pond when Goose goes away. He does not like the other pond creatures messing about and having fun near the pond so they all leave. My favourite part of the story was when Duck was nice again to the pond animals and they came back. I really liked the pictures in the book they were really good and I loved all the different pond creatures. It is just the sort of book I love Mummy and Daddy to read before bedtime. The book was just the right length and kept my attention throughout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Picture Book, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Duck Says Don't (Paperback)
I have been reading this book to my daughter (aged 3 and a half) quite a lot over the past month as it is one of her favourite books at the moment. The pictures are very colourful and there are lots of fun animals to talk about. The theme is about a bossy duck who is put in charge of the pond. This has prompted quite a few conversations between my daughter and I about how friends do not like it if you are too bossy! My daughter loves the way the duck wins his friends back and makes the pond a fun place again. This is a lovely book with a great storyline giving us plenty to discuss and I would recommend for anyone with a child aged 2 or over.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fab book for all the family, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Duck Says Don't (Paperback)
My 3,5 and 7 year old all enjoyed this book. We thought bossy boots Duck reminded us of a few people we know ;o)

The illustrations thoroughly bring this story to life and we thought it was funny when Duck put up all of the signs around the pond.

A lovely book with many funny bits and something to appeal to a wide age group

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Duck Says Don't (Paperback)
This is a lovely book. It's bright, lots of pictures, beautifully illustrated. Easy for children to understand. Lots to talk about and look at. It really is a great book and funny. I'd recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story with a message, and lovely pictures, 17 April 2013
This review is from: Duck Says Don't (Paperback)
This is a charming story very much enjoyed in our house. The book is beautifully illustrated, the pictures are very engaging giving us lots to talk about, but the message within the story also generated some interesting conversations.
We have only read one other Alison Ritchie story before, the equally delightful and a little bit silly "It's Time to Sleep, You Crazy Sheep", but this was just as good, and held our attention just as well.
Our 3 year old is very bossy, so this book provided us with the perfect platform from which to discuss her behaviour and make her see how easy it can be to upset her friends without meaning to.
My daughter read the book first with her dad, and when I asked her what she thought of it, her she described it as "brilliant". We read it together the next evening, and I have to agree, this is a lovely book and with a great message for little ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story and illustrations!, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Duck Says Don't (Paperback)
This is a really lovely book for small children, which will also be appreciated by adults! It has a happy ending, too! Wonderful, clever illustrations. Can't recommend it enough!

Duck Says Don't
Duck Says Don't by Alison Ritchie (Paperback - 4 Mar 2013)