5.0 out of 5 stars Scary night noises

Published 5 months ago by Miss Caroline Clinker

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary night noises, 22 Aug 2011
Parents in Touch - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: What's That Noise, Little Mouse? (Very Noisy Picture Books) (Paperback)
Another lovely book in the Little Tiger series. Little Mouse is nearly asleep - but wait 'What's that noise?'. The house is full of creepy, ghostly noises and poor Little Mouse is scared but still goes to investigate. But it's all too scary and he races back to bed and Mummy Mouse comes to the rescue and shows him where all the boises come from. Children will love the sound buttons and the best bit of the book is where Mummy shows Little Mouse where all the noises come from. An enchanting story with lovely illustrations and a reassuring end for any child who has been frightened by noises in the dark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 18 Oct 2010
Monika Douglas "Monika" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
My 22 months old daughter is now obsessed with noises, she absolutely loves this book! Would definitely recommend it! Great story, lovely pictures and nice sounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 27 Jun 2014
My son is now three and this is continuing to be a favourite - we have read it since he was very little before he could press the buttons or knew what was going on, but he still enjoyed it and now he is getting something else out of it. Sweet book and opportunities for tickles/cuddles throughout!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but too scary for toddlers, 31 May 2014
I bought two of these - one for my 2 year old and one for a friend's. I still have the one for my friend's child as I think some of the noises are really eerie and would give kids nightmares. My daughter is now 3 1/2 and does like this but I wouldn't suggest it for a child any younger, I'd be worried about them not being able to sleep afterwards (even though it explains that the noises aren't scary at the end)!

3.0 out of 5 stars Another good book in the 'Noisy picture book' series, 16 April 2014
I bought this for my little girl because she loves the 'Very noisy ladybird' book in the same series. I'd say it's almost as good (sounds are clear and loud), but I'm not 100% sure about the 'storyline'.

The noises are all based on noises which the little mouse hears as he's in bed, alone...at one point, he screams that a "Ghosty!" is coming to get him, which isn't the ideal thing to be talking to a toddler about, just as they're going to bed.

It has a happy ending, of course, and Mummy mouse explains what all the noises are but I can't help but feel that when my daughter is of the age when she can understand all of what's being said in this book, I may want to skip the parts of it which suggest ghosts or monsters coming to get her. :-(

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 13 April 2014
Y. Andrusevich (Belarus) - See all my reviews
The book is nice and the sounds are realistic, it's just that sometimes you have to press real hard to elicit the sound (even for an adult). The idea of flat pages and having tio press spots on them is a room saver, but liek I said, have to be very specific wehre you press and how hard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality . lots of noises to discover, 6 April 2014
I would like to recommend this book to every child . Lots of noises to discover. Very long lasting .

5.0 out of 5 stars My children love this..., 9 Mar 2014
My 3 and 1 year old love this book! The 1 year old loves it a but too much because he walks around after me all the asking me to read it and there are tears if I don't. I have to hide the book! The text is engaging for this age group when read out aloud and the accompanying noises are a big hit. THE favourite book of the household. You cannot go wrong with this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but..., 21 Jan 2014
The story is a little scary right until the end. The sounds are very quiet and not all sound like what they are supposed to sound like. Not sure how long the sounds will work with a lot of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for little ones., 4 Aug 2013
A very nice book, with great sound effects and pictures. A definite winner with my daughter who loves the little baby mouse and its mummy.

What's That Noise, Little Mouse? (Very Noisy Picture Books)
What's That Noise, Little Mouse? (Very Noisy Picture Books) by Stephanie Stansbie (Paperback - 31 Aug 2011)
Used & New from: £62.02