on 22 May 2015
Good story, but gets a bit complicated with plot, need to keep your wits about you - but already bought the next one! Brutal scenes of violence and sex involved. So not for the faint hearted.
on 11 August 2013
A good book centred on the machine that powered Rome behind closed doors. Not enough battle action as I would have liked but the scheming and plots are good if not a little predictable.
on 16 May 2015
i really enjoyed this book,lots of intrigue,,i liked the way the fictional characters were blended in with the real ones.will definitely read more out of this series.
on 22 May 2013
Same as anything he writes part one was excellent and this was also lets have more I know how it will end but what happens in between is really fast moving
on 27 February 2013
Great read. Robert Fabbri is a great author. Downloaded book to Kindle with no problems and read the book on my Prestigio. A gripping tale of intrigue.
on 7 October 2013
Entertaining read.The last of the 5 Emperors in a year that almost tore Rome apart.Well written,I am looking forward to the next book in the series
on 24 January 2013
Very detailed, perhaps too much so with the battle, but justified. Enjoyed this one very much and look forward to reading the third in the series.
on 12 May 2013
An historical novel which gives an enlightening insight into the life and politics of Ancient Rome. The characters are well rounded and realistic.
on 8 June 2012
This is one of the dozens of books I purchase every month for my husband to read. I presume he likes them all, as he does not like to be interrupted in the middle of one and always has his head stuck in the book, whichever one he happens to be reading when I come in from work. Sorry I cannot be more helpful in my review, but he will not comment on his books only to tell me he needs more every time he gets through another dozen or so.
on 14 February 2013
Having read the first book in the series I could not wait to get this one and having read it am just waiting for the next, already pre-ordered.