on 30 October 2009
When I bought this genuinely laugh-out-loud funny book it was supposed to be a Christmas present but, as I write, my husband has borrowed it and taken it to the toilet. As I listen to his laughter from the bathroom I am forced to wonder whether etiquette dictates that it is no longer present-worthy and whether I should buy another and keep this one. Highly recommended to anyone who's ever been late or who likes laughing.
on 13 October 2009
Henry Paker and Dave Skinner are an unbeatable team. Bought this for my mum who was in hospital and her stitches nearly burst she was laughing so much. Have already bought another 5 copies as xmas presents. Get one soon - start reading it over breakfast and you'll be so hooked that you're bound to get into work late...but with the perfect excuse!
on 30 November 2009
Got this from my husband for my birthday as I am always late but the joke back-fired as this book is hilarious and I love it! Since then I have become somewhat of a fan and checked out another of this pair's books called "Don't arm wrestle a pirate" which is also laugh out loud funny. Recommend both books as great stocking fillers.
on 15 January 2016
I think this is a good gift for anyone who is always late: I bought it as a Christmas present for my cousin who is notorious for being late, and he had to agree that it was a very suitable present. It's quite funny but am only giving it 3 stars because I thought it would be funnier!
on 2 November 2009
Love this book, the illustrations are great, especially the way they follow through on the excuses. No excuse for being late that I can come up with will ever match any of these. Particularly like 'not knowing what to do with my hair'. Books by Dave Skinner and Henry Paker do not come along often enough - buy it!
on 16 November 2009
I just wish I had this book for the excuses I gave for being late every day at college as if I had used these excuses I might of had more friends.

Keep up the work and make sure there is another one by next christmas as I have already bought loads for christmas presents.
on 18 March 2014
Hilarious book, although I didn't realise the cartoons inside would be in black and white. The quality of the paper is very poor, but the cartoons themselves are very funny. Bought as a birthday present for dad, Steve, who is always late. Very funny.
on 30 October 2009
A must have manual for anyone, like myself, who is always late but has been running out of excuses recently! Even my boyfriend found it amusing and that's saying something.
on 17 May 2013
product arrived early and in perfect condition, it is funny and full of quirky illustrations and excuses - this is the perfect present for that one person you know who will be late to their own funeral.
on 28 December 2015
This book consists of 101 full-page cartoons, each with a short caption explaining the reason for lateness. Of course everyone's sense of humour varies, but unlike the other high-scoring reviewers, I didn't find any of the cartoons/captions "laugh out loud" funny. I smiled at a few, but not much more. The book takes just a few minutes to go through, so if you work out the cost per hour of entertainment it's pretty expensive. I bought this as a gift, but had to return it as I didn't think the recipient would find it funny either.