on 28 March 2009
I absolutely loved the Waltz with Bashir film when I saw it in the cinema. The artwork and visuals were tremendous. I am also a huge fan of graphic novels, so when I found out there was a Waltz with Bashir book I thought 'great!' so I bought it. When I read it, however, it just wasn't the same. It is just screencaps from the film (which I knew), but I didn't get the same feeling I had when I watched it. I guess comics into films are acceptable, but films into comics just don't work at all. I'll give it 3 stars simply because of the artwork, but you'll be better off watching it than reading it.
on 26 April 2009
This graphic novel, although concise, is very close to the film. After watching "Waltz with Bashir", the book helped me to gain a deeper understanding of the story. Beautiful illustrations. Recommended for people who enjoy this genre.
on 7 March 2016
I love this graphic novel, everyone should read it. It arrived promptly and in good condition, however the cover fell off after a few days. I was able to stick it back on with some superglue but not ideal. Probably just the original glue used to put it together was cheap and dried out.