4.0 out of 5 stars A useful and practical guide
Published 18 months ago by vindiva

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
Have been doing Family History in and around Lancashire and beyond for 15 years so was very pleased when this book became available. It didn't give me any information that I wasn't already aware of. This is a great book full of very useful information for people starting along the Family History path but not for me.
Published 21 months ago by Retired & Proud

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 2 Dec 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful and practical guide, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Tracing Your Lancashire Ancestors (Paperback)
I have been researching my Lancashire family for about three years and have found this book to be most useful. Contrary to a previous reviewer I have found a great deal of information that either I did not know or had read somewhere and lost trace of. This book brings all the relevant sources together and has many practical ideas that I am sure will be most helpful to family historians who have started their tree and would consider themselves to be intermediate researchers. The social history referred to by the author is pitched at the right level in my opinion - there are plenty of other books on the market for those more advanced historians out there. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good buy, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Tracing Your Lancashire Ancestors (Paperback)
This book is very informative and for anyone with Lancashire forebears is very useful and interesting. Also helpful for anyone studing Lancashire history.

Tracing Your Lancashire Ancestors
Tracing Your Lancashire Ancestors by Sue Wilkes (Paperback - 15 Nov 2012)
9.48